Most accidents happen at home

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by Burr, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Most accidents do happen at home, I fell off my bike

Let me start from the beginning, It was raining very hard and didn’t look like it was going to stop so I set my touring bike up on my stationary trainer, set a table in front with the DVD player and a big fan.

I put a DVD about the world’s best commercials in the player, turned the fan on medium and cleat-ed in for today’s ride and away we go.

The dogs were playing around me and I was turning the cranks with the wind blowing in my face making me feel like I was just flying above the road.

The Porsche commercial came on, the one where the 911 is running a road course at about 180 mph and having had Porsches I was into this. The wind felt so good in my face and I was grooving!

The dogs saw the car racing on the road and decided to chase the car for what ever reason BUT the picture was sitting still and the dogs ran pass the DVD and hit the fan, the wind direction changed making me think I was turning so I leaned into the turn and fell of the bike, hit my head on the coffee table and hanging up on the bike with my cleats locked in.

I pulled and turned until the cleats turned lose then me bike and table all ended up in a heap in the floor.

The dogs were not hurt and I should get out of the hospital as soon as they get fresh bandages on my head and get my leg and arm set in casts.

2. whyeyebike

whyeyebike New Member

Wow!!!!! I have come close a few times to falling off my bike while on the trainer; but it hasn't happened......yet. I will keep that story in the back of my mind every time I hop on the trainer. Hope you heal quickly and are able to get on the bike soon.

3. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

adv. In no way; to no degree

not

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

One day I was working on the Jeep and decided to run right down the street to get some drinks real quick. Not even halfway down my driveway my work pants caught into the crankset and down I went.

5. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Yep, I'm another victim of a wreck on rollers. I knew I was going down, and had plenty of time to unclip. The problem was the extra height due to being on top of the rollers in combination with cycling cleats on slick concrete. Not a large coefficient of friction there. I still ride my rollers with at least one thing next to me that I can grab on. It's easy to wreck on those with the least little lapse in concentration.

6. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Burr, I too owned a Porsche once. Fiance promised me I wouldn't have to get rid of it. Got married and it lasted maybe 6 months. In her defense, it was a toy (2nd car only driven on nice days) that was costing us as much as the house payment. Plus, I didn't ride much on the weekends when I could go out and drive that. But, I sure did love that car!

Here's a fuzzy pic from my camera phone while at the Porsche Museum outside of Stuttgart this summer.

IMG00192.jpg

7. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Are you really in the hospital?

8. Smiley

Smiley New Member

That would have been hilarious to see...
    :D

9. scraper

scraper Guest

Wow thats all I can say... hope you get better

10. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

I hope you guys understand that this is just a JOKE note!!!!!

Think about what I wrote

11. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

GOOD one Burr.... I read the caption first... but I have almost fallen of my static trainer also... I also knew you weren't in the hospital :thumbsup:

DrB

12. Smiley

Smiley New Member

I still think that would be hilarious to see. :D

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I don't get it. Are you alright. I started a prayer group and a non prayer group just to get it all covered. I hope your alright. You will be in my thoughts.

14. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

That's why I wrote it!

Enjoy, I have other stories.

15. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Well then, let's HEAR them!