Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on a Tweet from Bicycling Magazine. Pretty good. Sad that there is actually an underlying truth to this. I've personally been honked at by a car who then passed me quite close only to see him/her slam on the brakes and come to a complete stop a little ways down the road to wait for a squirrel to cross.

The Most Perfectest Safety Gear | Bikeyface

·
Banned
430 Posts
I've thought about putting an I LOVE MY (popular dog breed) sticker on the back of my cargo trailer. Pulling a kid trailer usually makes drivers more cautious (USUALLY). If it has a real kid in it, sometimes they stalk me and look like BUbba is going to come teach me a safety lesson, or Sally Soccer Mom is going to whip out her cell phone and call Sheriff Andy on me, like it's illegal to bike your kid to the park. One guy even missed his turn to follow me and take photos. lol.

·
Banned
430 Posts
If a car passes you, especially if they pass you narrowly, watch out for the brake-slam! I've been passed by cars even at 30mph, and had to lock up the wheels as they brake-slammed and usually turned right into a residential street. I've resisted the urge to circle the block and flat their tires.

·
The Back Row
2,514 Posts
Yea, I hate the right hook. That one worries me quite a bit because most idiots don't bother with turn signals.

·
Banned
430 Posts
Those jerks will even do it to loaded diesel freighters. If I had a dollar for every time one brake-jammed, in front of my rig, just to turn into McDonalds and baby foot it over the driveway lip, I could buy a franchise.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Puppies, brilliant, why didn't someone think of this earlier. Kittens or Bunnies may work in some market areas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts