Mountain Unicycling at Cold Springs, Santa Barbara, CA

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by unigeezer, Jan 10, 2010.

1. unigeezer

unigeezer Over 50 and not '2' tired

What a fun day!!! 200 miles of driving, to ride one of the best trails in SoCal, and maybe one of the best in the US!

At the end of the video is a clip of me falling over an almost vertical embankment! First my Muni went over, then I tried to grab it, at which point I went into an an uncontrolled almost-free fall, desperately grasping at anything to slow me down, but it was totally useless! It had to be a good 100 feet down! It had to be nearly this steep: /

You can actually hear the sounds of me falling, for what seems like an eternity! Luckily, I didn't hit any rocks on the way down, or end up mangled on some rock-filled ravine! It took me nearly 20 minutes to climb back up!

Anyway, hope you enjoy. I must admit this time I rode a lot more than I filmed, but it should still give you a pretty good idea of the trail, both in technical and scenic terms.

Cheers! :thumbsup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66dQpWIW9Hk&fmt=18]YouTube - Extreme Unicycling: Cold Springs at Santa Barbara, CA[/ame]

2. ombakbali

ombakbali Guest

Hello,

My name is Jordan Lerum and I am an editorial intern at Santa Barbara Independent. We are interested in including an article about you and the sport of unicycling in our next issue, I was hoping to get some more information regarding your trip to Cold Springs Canyon, as well as possibly some photographs. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon! :)

Warmest Regards,

Jordan Lerum

310-430-3743
    [email protected]
    Santa Barbara Independent

3. unigeezer

Hi Jordan. Email sent. :)

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I some how missed this one.

5. unigeezer

She already interviewed me a few days ago. the article should be out next Tuesday, 2/26, or the following Tuesday, depending on their deadlines and schedule. It will be both online and in newspaper form. It's called the Santa Barbara Independent.