Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm moving soon and I'm going to have a lapse in my cable. Anybody have any good movies they'd recommend. I'll won't have it for about a week. The longer the list the better.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I second Brazil

If you can find it check out "A ride with George Hincappie" It's a documentary and interview with him while he's on a training ride.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
How about a Coen brothers marathon?

My favorites are Raising Arizona, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou, No Country for Old Men, and Burn After Reading.

The Big Lebowski is my favorite with O Brother and Raising Arizona tied for a close second.

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw Old Country for Old Men over the weekend. A bit late, but just as pleased as I would be had I saw it when everyone else did. It was awesome.

·
889 Posts
Original Star Wars tilogy marathon.
Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon.
Indiana Jones marathon.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Don't have lot of time at the moment to get into a description right now, but few I've seen lately that are worth a watch:

The Debt
Super 8
Real Steal
Red Tail
Thor
Cowboys & Aliens (pretty much sux, considering the caliber of actors, but you decide)
Warrior
Fast Five
Captain America
Four Brothers
The Professional (..always a goodie)

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Anybody seen Wrath of the Titans yet? What did you think? Is it decent, even if it's just from a "check out the special effects" standpoint?

·
Registered
567 Posts
Anybody seen Wrath of the Titans yet? What did you think? Is it decent, even if it's just from a "check out the special effects" standpoint?
It's on my "soon to see" list. Anything with Ralph Fiennes has gotta have a touch of the ma-cob.

Did just see "Immortals". Eh....twas ok. No character developement, no real story behind it, acting was on the sucky side, special effects were pretty good. Thank Gawd I got a decent home-theater set up. Nowhere near the depth of "The 300" (who produced both movies). Probly could call it a fairly good, Saturday afternoon snooze movie.

John Carter & Underworld-Awakening (Kate Beckinsale is back in this one) are next on my list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts