Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm a pretty new mtn biker. I got a bike and now I looking for some clothes. Right now I just where a t shirt and basketball shorts. I'm looking for some like padded shorts, some shirts etc. thanks

·
Registered
927 Posts
So get some padded shorts & some shirts.
I'm a MTB'er too.... you don't need anything fancy or with brand names all over it.
I wear padded short liners with baggies over them, or some baggies with built-in short-liner with pad (chamois)
I wear athletic shirts, the moisture wicking light material stuff, like for running and other activities, you can get these anywhere...
You don't need matching shorts and shirts, MTB'ing isn't a fashion show.
You don't need tight jerseys with your local bike shops logo on it or whatever...
wear what's comfortable.
I don't like wearing cotton shirts cause once wet, they will chafe your skin (same goes for shorts)
goodluck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jahwarrior said:
So get some padded shorts & some shirts.
I'm a MTB'er too.... you don't need anything fancy or with brand names all over it.
I wear padded short liners with baggies over them, or some baggies with built-in short-liner with pad (chamois)
I wear athletic shirts, the moisture wicking light material stuff, like for running and other activities, you can get these anywhere...
You don't need matching shorts and shirts, MTB'ing isn't a fashion show.
You don't need tight jerseys with your local bike shops logo on it or whatever...
wear what's comfortable.
I don't like wearing cotton shirts cause once wet, they will chafe your skin (same goes for shorts)
goodluck.
Dude thanks! Aton! This is very helpful now I know what to look at. What do you think of some of the Fox gear? They had some padded shorts I want to get.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
For mountain biking I wear a jogging shirt (wicking kind) from Academy Sports. Their store brand runs about $20 each. For pants I use my cheaper road shorts. Many rides I know I'll be standing on the pegs most of the time I'll just wear regular shorts. As JahW said, get comfortable. You'll probably want to pickup a Camelbak or similar pack for water and all the the other stuff you want to take with you out into the woods.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poolie said:
For mountain biking I wear a jogging shirt (wicking kind) from Academy Sports. Their store brand runs about $20 each. For pants I use my cheaper road shorts. Many rides I know I'll be standing on the pegs most of the time I'll just wear regular shorts. As JahW said, get comfortable. You'll probably want to pickup a Camelbak or similar pack for water and all the the other stuff you want to take with you out into the woods.
Okay that sounds good Poolie. Thanks. I have a camelback right now, but it's not very big and doesn't hold much except my phone and water do I'm probably going to get a bigger one so I can go longer and hold more stuff like food etc.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I don't know why people are steering you away from bike shorts and bike jerseys. I think you'll find bicycling apparel to be well suited for bicycling. Gym shorts and t-shirts shirts less so.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
qmsdc15 said:
I don't know why people are steering you away from bike shorts and bike jerseys. I think you'll find bicycling apparel to be well suited for bicycling. Gym shorts and t-shirts shirts less so.
Ha idk. Well I'm going to get some padded bike shorts. Ha

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm not trying to discourage the good stuff, I own a lot of it but do keep in mind that the nature of mountain biking means occasionally wrecking. My last dirt sampling I ripped up a $80 pair of riding shorts, my favorite pair, that's why I started wearing my cheaper stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Fox makes good clothes as does pearlmizumi. You can try Performance Bime shorts as well.

Quality isn't too bad if budget is a concern. Welcome to the sport, it's an awesome place you will love it.

Post some pics of a ride!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
INTEGRATE said:
Fox makes good clothes as does pearlmizumi. You can try Performance Bime shorts as well.

Quality isn't too bad if budget is a concern. Welcome to the sport, it's an awesome place you will love it.

Post some pics of a ride!
Okay dude will do I'm planning to ride almost every day this week I'm hitting up Gooseberry Mesa it's gonna be sick I get some pics. Here is one from one of my rides last week
Just a pic out over Utah. Right now I'm rocking some fox dirt paws and I love them I agree fox makes good gloves and I would assume other stuff too. But I have no clue about clothes so ThAnks!

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Poolie said:
Just to clarify, I'm not trying to discourage the good stuff, I own a lot of it but do keep in mind that the nature of mountain biking means occasionally wrecking. My last dirt sampling I ripped up a $80 pair of riding shorts, my favorite pair, that's why I started wearing my cheaper stuff.
Ya I totally agree with you.

·
newb mtb 29
8 Posts
Newb as well, I got a nice pair of Zoics from Amazon.com for $44. They are a good strechy baggy with a padded liner. I use my mtb for mostly as comuter riding 11+mi one way and they're a huge help. They have zipper pockets for cash as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wat3rdog said:
Newb as well, I got a nice pair of Zoics from Amazon.com for $44. They are a good strechy baggy with a padded liner. I use my mtb for mostly as comuter riding 11+mi one way and they're a huge help. They have zipper pockets for cash as well.
Sweet ill look at those thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts