Two Spoke Forums banner

821 - 840 of 930 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Dammit Rola643 - now I got that song in my head.

I was playing around and sampling some stuff from my guitar for a website and realized that I was emulating a few chords subconsciously...

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Dammit Rola643 - now I got that song in my head.

I was playing around and sampling some stuff from my guitar for a website and realized that I was emulating a few chords subconsciously...
Good stuff !

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Dig it!

Reactions: lectrichead

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
I went to a BB King concert years ago and this young kid I’d never heard of was the opening act......

Kenny Wayne Shepherd just blew us away!!!! What a talent.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
And still plays a beat up ol gitar ( yes I know it guitar )

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Silly question.

Does anyone GAF about Kanye West, his "music" or "church?"

I was listening to AM/FM and the "news" was mostly about it.

But you know, nothing about real musicians....

Back to AC/DC's "Back In Black".

Carry on.
`
My wife mentioned something of it a while back. Church of what? Music...I would never listen to. Anything can happen, anybody can change. Would I bet on it, not a chance! Another way to make billion?, more likely. We'll see. Honestly tho, couldn't the world use a little more moral values( key to me), reverence, humility, discipline, respectfulness, and compassion? What could all that hurt?

·
Registered
784 Posts
That guy's a nut, isn't he the one who jumped on stage in front of Taylor Swift when she was getting an award and started talking about his wife's (Beyonce) video being the best?
I believe he does have mental health problems.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
I was dining out with my Bride this evening, when a guitar solo caught my ear.
I’m more musical than lyrical, in my likes with music, so this happens often.
Anyway, this is decent music. Dare I say, a funky tune.

However, unlike other music I stumble upon, I’ll not be sharing THIS tune with my oldest, which is in his first semester of school.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts

·
Old, fat, and slow
745 Posts
Hippies and cowboys was alright. Glad I listened. And thankfully it wasn't "new country" or whatever crap the industry has been calling "country" for the past couple decades---cowboy-hat pop.

Not thrilled with the music---very basic fairly traditional country, where the lyrics are the heart of the song. Unless the guy wrote a lot of songs which appealed to me personally I wouldn't go out of my way to hear him play .... but I enjoyed the lyrics and the sentiment of this one a good bit.

Of course, nowadays the "I am real---real country, and just real---not a poseur" had become another song genre, another pose---but this guy didn't strike me as being in any way insincere.

So ... thanks for sharing.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Hippies and cowboys was alright. Glad I listened. And thankfully it wasn't "new country" or whatever crap the industry has been calling "country" for the past couple decades---cowboy-hat pop.

Not thrilled with the music---very basic fairly traditional country, where the lyrics are the heart of the song. Unless the guy wrote a lot of songs which appealed to me personally I wouldn't go out of my way to hear him play .... but I enjoyed the lyrics and the sentiment of this one a good bit.

Of course, nowadays the "I am real---real country, and just real---not a poseur" had become another song genre, another pose---but this guy didn't strike me as being in any way insincere.

So ... thanks for sharing.
Reminds me very much of the Honky-tonks when I visit my folks in the DFW area. Of all people my son turned me onto him this past weekend.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Kinda dig'n this one too.

·
Registered
6,905 Posts
I totally forgot about this, until it popped up in my playlist while driving earlier today.
I stumbled upon her on thanksgiving day and I’ve been thankful since.

If you like blues, I believe you’ll find this guitarist quite gifted.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Sitting here watching Clemson get waxed listening to some old stuff like Humble Pie 30 days in the whole and this pops up.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Looking for Hello operator by the White stripes and stumbled upon this
But...

821 - 840 of 930 Posts