Two Spoke Forums banner

841 - 860 of 930 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
This also came on while I was riding yesterday. Been a way long time since I had heard this but it felt right :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
This ?

Or this ?

Sad song really:

I hurt myself today
To see if I still feel
I focus on the pain
The only thing that's real
The needle tears a hole
The old familiar sting
Try to kill it all away
But I remember everything
What have I become
My sweetest friend?
Everyone I know
Goes away in the end
And you could have it all
My empire of dirt
I will let you down
I will make you hurt
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here
What have…

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
First song I learned to play on the guitar and this probably my favorite version.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Good bourbon music, wasting time :D

·
Registered
784 Posts
Johnny Cash was one of those guys who appealed to generations, I remember when he 'became cool' again when "Hurt" came out and was played endlessly on MTV (when they still played musvids). From what I understand the record producer sent the NIN's version to Cash to see if he was interested and Johnny didn't know what to make of it until he was sent the lyrics.

It's fascinating how the same words mean something completely different depending on how it is sung.

·
Registered
784 Posts
I shamelessly admit that in the very early 90's my CB handle was "Faster Pussycat".

Though it was awkward when I saw my parents at an event and the girl I was with kept calling me "Faster", she never ever used my real name no matter the situation - and I ended up trying to explain to my 70's and old-fashioned farmer parents about CB handles and band names of sleaze/hair bands...

First song I learned to play on the guitar and this probably my favorite version.

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
This was perfect to set the cadence to start my ride tonight :D

Acoustic version

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
It's that time. I bet I post this 2x's yea. If this drum duo doesn't do something for you for you...please check to ensure you have breath over the closest available mirror :D

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I always come back to the same music. Maybe I'm stuck in the past...

Reactions: lectrichead

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
I can't even begin to tell you how many nights this was played on a "air guitar" as a very young airmen overseas back in the early 80's

And one more

Reactions: lectrichead

·
Registered
784 Posts
Me too - I have a collection of hundreds of songs and like to think of myself as having a varied musical interest. Yet I always come back to Hard Rock from the 80's, usually Hair Band music. I even find that I dream in "80's" a lot of the time, which may be weird.

Right now one of my musical obsessions is modern hard rock bands with female lead singers who cover 80's songs.

I always come back to the same music. Maybe I'm stuck in the past...

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Not a huge Black Keys fan but I can do this one

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Should be todays ride name but my buddy stole it :D

"It’s a Hot One, Like 7” From the Midday Sun"

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Mom's Taxi
4,502 Posts
I SO BAD want to see him play live!!
In 1970 I knew a young lady whose brother moved to Marin County. He frequently heard live music coming from his neighbor's house. One day he decided to investigate. Carlos Santana was his neighbor.

841 - 860 of 930 Posts