Music?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by funetical, Apr 26, 2010.

1. MilesR

MilesR Mom's Taxi Tavern Member

2. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

I asked all my musician friends to suggest music---someone with a range of talents like Joni Mitchell or Steely Dan (not my only favorites, but two individuals (Donald Fagan being the essential Steel in Steely, IMO) with an unworldly amount of music talent, knowledge, and ability .... all my musician friends were horrified to find that for years I had been listening to the same music, almost all at least ten years and much several decades old. None of them have yet managed to suggest anything better, though there have been a few decent bits.

In these times of decaying morals and bad energy, i can understand that it might be hard for musicians to really reach the heights and depths and breadth that were achieved in the past .... but I ain't listening out of charity or pity. If you can't play it better than the old guys, I will listen to the old guys.

Merlincustom, rola643 and MilesR like this.

3. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

When you've lost it all, that's when you finally realize life is beautiful.

To many junkies don't get that opportunity. I have a friend who played baseball with my son in high school who lost his way and found heroin.

He's lucky, he's back on the right track and I'm proud to call him a friend. It's a nightmare to watch what that garbage does to people first hand. He's a good kid.

Dos_Ruedas likes this.
  4. rola643

Sorry, moma left with friends to the OBX so I'm home unsupervised for the next few days :D

I'm sure I've posted this cover before but I like this version of this song and it's the first song I learned to play on the guitar a hundred years ago :D

The best era of rock n roll has passed us now.

5. rola643

One more for tonight

6. rola643

7. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

Drum corp is a niche event. There’s a certain kind of bravura athleticism in these performances that I find compelling, and similar to sport.

8. maelochs

maelochs Old, fat, and slow

The music is pretty good---I wish I had a quality recording---but the dancing completely turns me off.

Thank you for sharing.

9. Merlincustom

Merlincustom Senior Member

^ The show is their interpretation of Edward Hopper’s Nighthawks. They resolve the painting perfectly at the end.

10. rola643

Gota be in the right mood for Joe.

maelochs likes this.
  11. Dos_Ruedas

Dos_Ruedas Well-Known Member