Music

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Almostlover, May 6, 2009.

1. Almostlover

Almostlover Guest

so what kind of music are you all into?

personally I can't get enough rock. I like the classics like metallica, kiss, and ACDC.

2. Kurt

Kurt Guest

I listen to rock too. Mostly classic rock such as The Doors, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Bob Marley....you know, all the classics. All the guys we have to thank for music today.

3. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

All the classics are good, especially AC/DC. But you have to love Primus!

4. beachbuggy

beachbuggy New Member

I play lead guitar in a band. We play southern rock, Outlaws, Skynyrd, Molly Hatchett, that sort of stuff. Last month I played with Randy Treet from the Outlaws and this month I'm playing with Billy Greer from Kansas. Both are bassists. When these guys aren't touring, they do benefits and need musicians to back them up. We were fortunate to get to know them and they call us for help when they're in the area. It's been a blast. A lot of the younger crowd don't remember these bands or what they played, but the shows have been pretty successful. We raised a lot of money for needy children. These guys are both super nice and all pro. Life is good.

5. Wazniak

Wazniak Guest

That's great beachbuggy! I love listening to southern rock in bars....I guess it's because I'm a born and raised Texan! I have lots of friends who play in bands and some who just play for fun. It's always a good time sitting around listening to good music with good friends! Life is good!

6. beachbuggy

beachbuggy New Member

Wazniak, some of the hottest musicians call the great state of Texas home. I wish I could relocate to the Austin area just to mingle with some of them.

7. Silous

Silous Guest

Yep, one being the King of Country....GEORGE STRAIT!

8. Cruso

Cruso Guest

I've really gotten into Jack White of the White Stripes new band, The Raconteurs. Check them out! Good beats!

9. RayFromMaple

RayFromMaple New Member