Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After upgrading my 2007 Raleigh Team bike to a Ultegra 6700 group recently, I had a lot of parts leftover. I thought about just posting them for sale and figured I would get more out of just using them.

I picked up a set of wheels from a buddy and was shy a frame, seat/post, bars/stem and a chain to having a second bike (not that I need it, but).

I started searching online for a frame to build on and did find a lot of very nice one's, but nothing really jumped out at me in my price point until I walked into a LBS and noticed this 2005 Raleigh Prestige frame with a Ritchey carbon fork (what can I say, I'm a Raleigh guy)hanging on the wall with a very nice price on it. I offered the shop owner a lower price and after a few moments he took my offer.

The Frame is 59cm, and made from carbon and aluminum alloy with a carbon fork. The seat and head tubes are aluminum with the top tube, down tube and stays being carbon thats butted with aluminum and then welded to the seat and head tubes. So looking at the frame all of the white is aluminum and the black is carbon.

The parts:

The crank that was pulled from the team bike was a TruVativ Touro with a solid steel BB that I replaced for this build with a new Ultegra 6650 compact crank and a 6700 BB.

Ultegra 6600 front and rear

Ultegra 6600 brifters and a no name dual pivot brake.

Ritchey comp seat and post

I'm only waiting on the bars and stem that will be in tomorrow and I'll add shots of them before the install.

The wheels are Bontrager Race black with paired spokes and white Continental Ultra Sport tires.

Not pictured are the Shimano 105 pedals and Ultegra 6600 12-25 cassette

Here's a shot of the build to date:

More to come

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^ Thanks mate....

I'm liking it myself...

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
That is one sharp looking steed, I hope it rides as good as it looks for you
Many happy miles.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The final parts have arrived..

Here they are installed. Just need to run the cables, wrap the bars and install the chain.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The build is complete and looking good....

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,568 Posts
Somebody call the doctor cause that looks sick as hell!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. Just got back from putting 10 miles on her and she is such a dream to ride...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts