Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike riding started about 2 1/2 years ago, Started on a Specialized Crosstrail, then bought a Giant Defy. Last year I logged about 600 miles and wanted to set a goal for 2011 that would push me. Working full time daylight, makes riding a little challenging at times but I did my best to get up to ride before work, and try to log some miles each weekend, no matter what the weather. I rode at 90 degrees, and at 19 degrees this year.
My goal was 2000 miles in 2011, I'm not done for the year just yet but I am over 2000 miles 3 days before Christmas.
What goals did you have and have you met them yet?

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good work, riding in less than pleasurable weather shows your level of commitment.
Myself, just getting started again after a few decades away from cycling. I hope to ride in a few charity events this coming Summer.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
:thumbsup: :D Congrats on making your goal.

Yes I made my goal of 4,000 miles With not a lot over, same as last year. I have a lot of time to ride as I am retired. I think the main thing is to enjoy the ride. My goal for next year to keep myself in good enough shape to turn the crank. 67 year old, cranky old man

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I recently made my goal of 3000 miles and I have found riding in cold weather is not that bad with the right clothing.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Another congrats ! Keep it up.

I also tried for and topped 2,000 this year, however I was starting from a much higher base than your prior year, i was at about 1,700 in 2010.

·
greenhorn
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very good point to remember Mark.
My underlying motivation was to loose a little weight and put fitness at a higher priority in my life. Eating better, and taking better care of myself.
I have had the time of my life this year and enjoyed every...well almost every......mile I pedaled.
Last May my son and I took part in a 60 mile tour all around Pittsburgh, PA, a tour called Pedal Pittsburgh.
We literally had the time of our lives and plan on a few more like that this year.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Congrats on reaching your goal Greenhorn. I set myself a similar target this year and was lucky enough to pass the 2000 mile mark in September and utlimately reaching 3000 this year. I will set myself a 3000 mile target for next year though hoping for more.

Simon

·
Registered
415 Posts
Grats on reaching your goal....

I just started riding again this past april after 20+ years away from cycling and after tonight I'm only 8 miles short of 1800. I want to set a 2000 mile goal for next year and hope to blow past that if all goes well..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts