Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys : My name is Karl "Crash" Mitchell. I am pledging to ride my recumbent bike cross country next year. I have a pilocytic astrocytoma and have no balance/no job. I was recently given a recumbent bike, that allowes me to ride with no balance. I am pledging to ride cross country, if I can raise $50,000 for charity. If any of you can, please help and donate for my cause. Link: http://fnd.us/c/6KyA9

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a ton .I had reached out to some non-profits but got nowhere, there where to many legal issues!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Karl, I think what your doing is amazing and wish you the best of luck with your fund raising.

I did some fundraising with the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society a few years back and had to raise a substantial amount of money. It was very difficult but using creativity was the best way to get the funds.

One of the things that worked well for me is gift cards... If you ask a restaraunt/store to donate money to your cause you have to go through their "corproate" office. Where as, if you ask them to donate a gift card, you can then raffle those off or hold an event and have those as a door prize or something.

Again, I hope you are successful in your endeavors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts