Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well once in a while you find a really good deal on craigslist. This time it wasn't a bike though. After spending hours and hours wading through the junk, the "vintage" bikes that are way over priced for what they are, and the super high end stuff the wife would never let me buy, I find a deal. Not on a bike though.

I look down and find some one selling a Bob trailer for the massive sum of $60. Now that's usually the going rate for those kid trailers and usually not in the best of shape. This one had clearly been used and a lot, but there was no rust on it. Though it had been repainted from time to time you could tell, it had appeared to have been fairly well cared for. The metal was sound, and all it needed was a dry sack (which I already have) a flag (no big deal again and I might even make a really big one to catch someones eye) and he had made some pins to attach the trailer to the hitch. Those worked fine, but actual pins would be better and again no big deal. The pins look to be like small coter pins.

If I really wanted to getting it sandblasted and powder coated wouldn't be that big of a deal, but at some point I might just respray it and forget it. For a while I am still healing but I can see a LOT of uses for this trailer. I don't think I did too bad for $60.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to take some this weekend, but I may just scuff, prime and paint before I let her make her debut here.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What a coincidence. I ventured into CL last night and saw a BOB for 65.00. Feeling sure that it would be gone already I emailed the guy who responded this morning that it is still available. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up tonight and sell it for 200.00 this coming week.

I won't believe this until it's actually in my car so I'm holding my breath.

I'd keep the BOB but I have a Burley Flatbed that I love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts