Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Biking With a Mission
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... check out this trials video. It's the promo for my new website.
:D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSippYN1oWs]YouTube - cwtrials.com website launch video - Craig Wright[/ame]

I saw some posts looking for trials advice on the forum. Feel free to hit me up on this thread, I've been riding trials for nine years now. Just launched my website CW Trials Biking with a Message

·
Biking With a Mission
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everyone who really looks at my riding tells me my tire's flat, like I didn't know. Extremely low tire pressures can be extremely advantageous for a trials biker. The tire conforms around obstacles creating better grip, and also allows the rider to quickly pre-load the tire when jumping to get higher up.

Not pinch flatting is all about getting the proper equipment; and dialing it in to your weight, riding style, and terrain. I use a downhill tube, with an extra wide downhill style tire. Also, wide rims are used. Mine is one of the widdest MTB downhill rims, a Alex DX32 rims which is 32 mm wide. Some of the trials specific rims are 48 mm ride, which is incredible. Wide rims also keep the tire from folding at low pressure.

I've heard some of the smaller riders (<140 lbs) riding around 10psi!! I'm almost 200 lbs and ride a lot of urban with sharp corners but still only ride about 24 psi. Proper tire choice makes a huge difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts