Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are some current pics of my mtb's. The Charge has been with me for a few months and rides really nice :)
Charge Duster Steel.jpg

Charge Duster Steel 1.jpg

The Giant is one I picked up for sentimental reasons this week. It is very close to what I started mountain biking on in 1990, that bike was a Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert
1989 Giant Escaper.jpg

1989 Giant Escaper 1.jpg

shogun-prairie-breaker-expert-1990.jpg
no that is not me in the pic :eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I think they're calling them Rotor rings now.

I used to ride MTB before Rockshox. I had a Ross Mt. Hood, Specialized RockHopper, Ritchey Ultra, and a Cannondale, all rigid fork. I recently rode a rigid fork MTB off-road. The worst part is the vision thing. My eyeballs get rattled in my head and I can't see. :)

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
I sort of enjoyed my old rigid Trek off road, until I went down a steep hill with bad brakes, followed by what seemed like ten miles of washboards.

My first real MTB was a Nishiki Ariel, which was noteworthy for, um, nothing.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Biopace indeed, what a stuff up from Shimano that was :rolleyes:

My list of bikes goes something like this for MTB, Shogun Prairie Breaker Expert (rigid), Giant Cadex CFM3 (rigid), Trek bonded cracker with Judy fork, Stumpjumper (rigid), Locally made TGR with Judy fork, Cannondale F1000 headshock ( a fave), Specialized alloy Stumpjumper with Fox fork, Taiwanese CKT Carbon with Reba fork, and now the above. Today I collect the Ritchey P23 frame to assemble another :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts