Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Got my very first road bike today, bought it new from a LBS...

Trek Series 1.1

Did I do good? It seems to fit me well and I like it a lot so far :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
You sure did. Trek makes very good entry level bikes that last. I had a 2001 Trek 1000 that I rode 30000 miles on in 5 years then used it for my winter bike for another 5 years before I sold it for 250.00.

The bike still had all the original Sora components on it at the time of the sale. I went through loads of tires and chains everything else held up well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the comments folks :) I cannot wait to test it out this weekend on a long ride :)

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Shawn said:
Hey all,

Got my very first road bike today, bought it new from a LBS...

Trek Series 1.1

Did I do good? It seems to fit me well and I like it a lot so far :)
If the bike fits you properly and you like it then you did great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I have rode by bike a few times now and I am in love with it. I just did my first night ride on rural route highways tonight... did 17 miles total. It was awesome, I plan on doing that a few nights a week :)

I have to say I am starting to love road biking more than any other type of cycling!

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Well I have rode by bike a few times now and I am in love with it. I just did my first night ride on rural route highways tonight... did 17 miles total. It was awesome, I plan on doing that a few nights a week :)

I have to say I am starting to love road biking more than any other type of cycling!
Another cycling junkie is born! :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Indeed indeed... I went to a state park today here in southern Illinois (Giant City) and rode 40 miles total. I had a lot of fun and have more experience now with cars on hills, around curves and so on... The only thing that got to me was going up hill, the little ones were hard but I switched the the lowest gear on the little front gear and barely made it up but was wore out when I did... The big hills, well I had to get off and push... any tips on making that more easier for me?

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Indeed indeed... I went to a state park today here in southern Illinois (Giant City) and rode 40 miles total. I had a lot of fun and have more experience now with cars on hills, around curves and so on... The only thing that got to me was going up hill, the little ones were hard but I switched the the lowest gear on the little front gear and barely made it up but was wore out when I did... The big hills, well I had to get off and push... any tips on making that more easier for me?
More riding on the hills!

I was up in Illinois at the end of June, around the Galena area. I tried some of those really steep hills up there and gave up on some of them. Being a flatlander, the really were extremely tough to climb. I did ride the Savanna to Moline Trail along Route 84 quite a few times while I was up there, and that was some nice riding.

·
Premium Member
8,414 Posts
Sit and spin man, sit and spin. Mashing a big gear at low cadence is going to burn your legs out faster than spinning at a higher cadence in a lower gear.

Standning up doesn't always help becasue you have to support your body weight as well. Just sit and spin and climb those hills.

Ask Xela about his Ride of The Immortals. . . . . That dood is hard-core!

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
kneedrachen said:
Sit and spin man, sit and spin. Mashing a big gear at low cadence is going to burn your legs out faster than spinning at a higher cadence in a lower gear.

Standning up doesn't always help becasue you have to support your body weight as well. Just sit and spin and climb those hills.

Ask Xela about his Ride of The Immortals. . . . . That dood is hard-core!
Was that the video of the.hill climbs he did.

·
Premium Member
6,015 Posts
Ah, it was still bada$$.

Shawn glad to see you got the addiction too. Wish I could find some Houston Two Spokers to ride with.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts