Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Earlier today, on another thread, I referenced Jazz tonight.
Here is a sample happening right now.

image-503690279.jpg
CC Booker III with Grammy Award winning Will Scruggs on sax.

Wanted to post a short video, but cannot from phone app. :(

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
Coltrane's "Blue Train" is the stuff!!

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
Jazz, Smooth Jazz and Blues are my favorite music. I was really upset when the local smooth jazz station changed their format to a classic rock station last year. I like classic rock, but we already have several stations that play it already.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
I just caught the blues festival last week in Newport. I am a regular at the Jazz festival also. Nothing like live music in a festival venue. Enjoy your day.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like all types of live music. Well, maybe not old Country Gospel music....the kind where the singers don't realize how it sounds. ;)
Very fortunate to have attended many concerts.

Yes indeed, live music is awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
My playlist ranges from Vivaldi to Ice Cube to Boards of Canada to Coltrane/Miles Davis.

Then there are the Coldplay, Linkin Park and Foo Fighter playlists as well.

No country, could never get into it.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My wife likes country.
We just saw Rascal Flats in KY about a week ago.
She has a knack for getting awesome tickets. We were between the stage and the outcropping or "runway."
They out on a nice show & sounded much like their CD my wife helped to prep me with.

Country isn't near the top of my list either. But this show was good enough to see again.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Country acts I would enjoy to see Big And Rich and Tobey Kieth.

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,507 Posts
Johnny A has some of the cleanest sound I've ever heard.

[ame="http://youtu.be/aCTm1TcL7z8"]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aCTm1TcL7z8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/ame]

·
Registered
9,937 Posts
It's not the same as being there, but for those of you that get the Palladia Network they have live concerts on almost every night. Some of the concerts are several years old, like the Queen concert in Montreal, but they are awesome and cover different genres of music.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
John_V said:
It's not the same as being there, but for those of you that get the Palladia Network they have live concerts on almost every night. Some of the concerts are several years old, like the Queen concert in Montreal, but they are awesome and cover different genres of music.
I have never heard of Palladia.
I'll have to look it up.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Ive seen some pretty outstanding performances on PBS.

·
Premium Member
5,352 Posts
Well if Freddy Mercury performed in that show it had to be about 25 years old. He died in 91. Man time fliy's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts