Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we brought my wife's uncle down from Oregon. He's now living with us, in our newly renovated bedroom/bath. He's in end stage kidney failure, CHF, a fib, vasculitis.... u get the picture... train wreck as we call them....dialysis 3 times a week, multiple Dr appointments at the VA hospital in San Antonio. Holy cow, it's a full time job!!! People are asking how retirement has been .... well, retirement isn't happening yet..... this will pass one way or the other, don't know how long he's gonna live.... we're just trying to maintain and be strong and patient...... thanks for listening.... had to dump somewhere....

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Just went trough the same thing with my wife, lost her in September to cancer. Taking care of someone is a full time job and is not easy. Now I have to figure out what the new normal is.

·
163 Posts
Well we brought my wife's uncle down from Oregon. He's now living with us, in our newly renovated bedroom/bath. He's in end stage kidney failure, CHF, a fib, vasculitis.... u get the picture... train wreck as we call them....dialysis 3 times a week, multiple Dr appointments at the VA hospital in San Antonio. Holy cow, it's a full time job!!! People are asking how retirement has been .... well, retirement isn't happening yet..... this will pass one way or the other, don't know how long he's gonna live.... we're just trying to maintain and be strong and patient...... thanks for listening.... had to dump somewhere....
All good and GOD bless you sir. First for your service and the for helping out. You are a special type of person.

·
Premium Member
9,948 Posts
I think at some point many of us have been through what you are going through or will be in the near future. It's not easy and it's not something that look forward to doing but we do what we have to do for family.

Before my father in law passed away, my wife spent almost a year in Illinois taking care of him. She would alternate every two months with one of her sisters so each would get a break and spend some time with their families. There wasn't a nursing home, more of a holding tank for death, where he lived and he refused to come to Florida. I took a few trips up there during that period, which was not one of the best or easiest times my wife and I had been through.

Keep positive and take it one day at a time, which is about all you can do.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the kind words. It's been quite a roller coaster ride. Right now I'm sitting in a waiting room waiting for my wife to come out of foot surgery. Yep, life keeps happening!!!....

·
tall old member
1,518 Posts
Just went trough the same thing with my wife, lost her in September to cancer. Taking care of someone is a full time job and is not easy. Now I have to figure out what the new normal is.
So how are you getting along now? Are you staying single? Dating? Remarried? You probably won’t answer this because I don’t think you are on the forum anymore. Lost my wife to cancer last year. It would be nice to talk to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts