Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So after selling my old Schwinn World earlier this week i had been on the hunt for a new commuter.. After a long day today of craigslist and bike shops i had been checking out hybrids.. though in the back of my head i've been wanting to give mountain biking a shot.. So with the day winding down and the Trek i fell in love with on craigslist sold.. i decided to heck with it, i have a very short commute so why not go with a hardtail mountain bike.. So being that i didn't want to spend a substantial amount due to leaving my bike in the truck shop all day everyday i came down to the:
2012 Diamondback Sorrento
i went ahead and bought some bar ends, my whopping 2 miles i've road it has affirmed i don't think i'd every want a flat bar bike without them..
So now some clip on fenders for wet days, and some lights and i'm set..
please feel free to drop me any helpful info or tips for commuting or mountain biking :)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice! I might suggest you buy a set of narrower tires to give you a little more speed, other than that, RIDE!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
You bought a mountain bike because it offered more than a hybrid. Put street tires on it and it loses that versatility. Of course you can change the tires every time you want to ride off-road, but that's sort of inconvenient. If your commute is very short and you have another bike for riding on roads and paved paths, it might make more sense to leave the knobbies on.

If you want street tires, I recommend 26x1.5" Schwalbe Marathon.

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Nice replacement bike. I sold my Defy yesterday to a wounded warrior who is wanting to get into doing long distance riding and triathlons. I took a bit of a beating on the price that I sold it for, but it went to a worthy person. I don't know that I will replace it yet as I still don't have any room for more than my two bikes and the wife's tadpole trike.

·
1,355 Posts
I bought this one (DiamondBack Response) about 10 or 12 years ago, maybe longer. Been so long I really can't remember:confused: It has Panaracer High Road V Mountain tires on it which you can purchase at Nashbar for 10 bucks a piece. I wish you many happy miles on yours.

Attachments

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that bike looks great for it's age!! lol hopefully these new ones hold up as well :)

·
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just got done adding clip on fenders, an origin 8 computer, and some blackburn lights :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts