Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new wheels came in yesterday and are sporting a set of Michelin Pro 4's. Custom made wheels by PSImet (Rob Curtis) out of Chicago..

These wheels are so sexy and ride even better..

Hubs: Novatech
Rims: Kinlin, 27mm front & 30mm rear
Spokes: DT-Comp
Laced: 28/2x front and 32/3x rear
Weight: 1742 grams

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Very nice! Every time I see a picture of your bike I feel compelled to go to the basement and wash mine. That thing is clean.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking set of wheels. Nice fast looking bike too.
The bike is fast, but I'm not. lol

Thanks

Very nice! Every time I see a picture of your bike I feel compelled to do the basement and wash mine. That thing is clean.

I wish I had a basement... must be nice... I wipe it down once a week when I ride a lot (summer), but now that its cold outside it wont need it..

Thanks

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
When's the next Yorktown ride with new wheels?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice wheels, verry nice wheels, and bike too
Very sweet ride!
Thanks, I likes

+1

I'm guessing you're glad you didn't sell it. It is beautiful!
Yes and no... But it does ride nice and I'm going to be keeping it...

When's the next Yorktown ride with new wheels?
Not sure... I ordered a Castelli long sleeve/pant kit last night, winter gloves, shoe covers and a winter skull cap. So once that gets here I'll be looking to give it a try...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Cool wheels, beautiful bike. My first "real" road bike was a 1973 Raleigh Grand Prix ( bought new, that's how old I am ), they've come a long way since then.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool wheels, beautiful bike. My first "real" road bike was a 1973 Raleigh Grand Prix ( bought new, that's how old I am ), they've come a long way since then.

I'm up there with you as my first road bike was a 1976 Raleigh Supercourse mkII (Red and White, bought new). I loved that bike and wish I had it today...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From the first post.

Hubs: Novatech
Rims: Kinlin, 27mm front & 30mm rear
Spokes: DT-Comp
Laced: 28/2x front and 32/3x rear
Weight: 1742 grams

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
What did these replace. How do the Novatech hubs work? What made you choose them over White Industry's or Shimano?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Novatech's work great. Maybe not as light as the whites, but cheaper and didn't like the looks of the Shimano's. I replaced a set of Easton EA50 Aero's that flexed to much for my liking...
Rob @ PSImet did an outstanding job with these and they are the best riding wheel I have been on...

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I like the new wheels so much I just ordered a second set from PSImet. These will have lighter Novatech hubs, better/lighter spokes and the same rims and come in around 1574 grams with the same spoke count.

Visit www.psimet.com and fill out the short quote on the left side of the page and get a quote from Rob..

·
GiddyUp
337 Posts
just going for the lighter weight? What are you going to do with the other set? Those look like nice wheels that will last you a long time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts