Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally made it to the 5 mile Withlacoochee Bay Trail in March 2012. Riding along the historic abandoned Florida Barge Canal was a real treat. More info and photos are on my website. Thanks for seeing.

Attachments

·
No longer a newb!
177 Posts
Looks like a beautiful ride.

Attachments

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for seeing awinter and Dos Ruedas. This was an easy 5 miles so it wasn't that bad at all. Not too hot. The weather was great. You saw the interesting history about the canal yes? Actually the huge burns you see along the trail was from the 1960's dredging. Plus I think I saw some steel objects lying around. Pretty cool. Take care.

·
Paved Trail Enthusiast
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK I spoke to William today at the office of Greenways & Trails in Inglis. His info on the new section of the Withlacoochee Bay Trail is it's open. However it is not officially open, but they are not stopping people from riding it. Barricades are down. Progress Energy who built the section was supposed to inspect it on 7-17-12 and turn it over to the state (Greenways & Trails is a division of the Florida EPA.) The new section is roughly 2 miles long. It goes over to an island but the bridge to get over there is not constructed. If I heard him correctly. I plan on heading back over here on July 25 or 26. Ride it soon everyone.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts