Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
DX's Biggest Member
793 Posts
Before you bolt and run -- remember, those who receive less snow usually live in towns that have less capability to handle it, too.

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then last nite it rained, and because of ice dams I had water dripping down from ceiling in living room, thru a light fixture and down walls, onto furniture. And water in my garage and into basement. But heck, the bike was OK, just some water around the tires, so I guess no worries !

·
Registered
35 Posts
I haven't been out in about 2 months now. Combination of snow, cold, and tons of sanding salt remaining on the road. I have had one Saturday I could have rode, but lack of motivation was the problem that day.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
No snow today but 15* I don't think I will be out rideing any thing but my truck.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Including the blast furnace in August. If you are morning person you can ride in 80 degree weather most of the year. In August that's right after sunrise and sometimes night.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I love cycling, but I'm a fair weather rider. I'm not much for riding in the rain, cold, dark, etc. I pretty much surrender to late fall every year. I was smart enough to move to Ft. Lauderdale for a few years, then dumb enough to move back north after Hurricane Wilma.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Starting to warm up here 32 yesterday. I got in a 20 mile ride yesterday, but it realy tired me out the wind was in my face on the homeward strech

·
Registered
64 Posts
The forecast is calling for a gradual warming this week with 58 on Friday. The snow has finally melted enough that the roads and shoulders are clearing up enough to be safe for cyclists again. If the forecast is right I will definitely get a few miles in this week. I need to start getting in shape for my vacation in March. 1 week in Hawaii and I plan to rent a road bike and get some miles in while out there!

·
Grenouille
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On Maui at least and I think also on the Big Island, there are tours that will drive you to top of the volcano, and let you coast the 30 miles back down to civilization. Have fun !

·
Registered
82 Posts
The first time I went to Maui a friend and I borrowed a couple bikes and rode UP Baldwin Ave from Paia to Makawao, then we went a bit beyond that, to Kula. The looks on the volcano tour riders' faces seeing us going the "wrong" way was priceless!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts