Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It took longer than I wanted, but it was my first time doing a build. To me, it turned out better than I initially imagined. Please give me your input. Hope you like it:D

Attachments

·
Two skinny J's
21,195 Posts
Very Sweet LEEON2!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks fellas. I decided it was best to leave the frame untouched, so I just tried to pick up the gold lettering with the chain & pedals. The brakes came off my Allez, and had the brackets powder coated black. Used white tubing to go along with the tires and seat. I think I'll try and fix up my Bianchi fixie next, but much more subtle. Thanks again for the compliments.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice job, looks great. Though I have to admit I don't undrstand the fascination with single speed bikes. I left those behind in the early sixties and never looked back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
love that bike , way more class than what you can buy new , think i'll have to keep the eye out for an old frame after seeing what is possible , never saw a furry saddle before ,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Again thanks everyone.

@ Possum, I just started riding this past May and the more I read and studied up on the cycling history the more I had to build one. I doubt if I ride it much 40 years from now though.:D

@ Mark, LOL! Never thought about that, but I get your point.

@ Seneca, I'm 6'3 ish. The bike itself is a little tall, but it's comfortable and rides sweet. The wheels spin forever.

@ hanriver & seneca, I looked at store bought SS's, but I wanted the satisfaction of building my own. I don't think I could've recieved the same response with a store bought bike. Plus, for the one I would've bought, I saved money. YES!!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Yea seneca, but what about a drop dead gorgeous blond??? :) Actually there is one at LBS that is a far better rider than I'll ever be again, that I actually have tried to get to ride my Sunray. Id be curious to see what she could do with it, but then again I consider her a good friend too. All depends on the LBS. Some people I would let them hit my anvil with a feather. lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
showed the wife a pic of your build and the reply was " that's a style-ish bike " coming from someone with zero interest in bikes i'd say you got it right

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
showed the wife a pic of your build and the reply was " that's a style-ish bike " coming from someone with zero interest in bikes i'd say you got it right
:thumbsup:, tell the wife thank you and thank you for showing her. :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
well i got the ok from the boss to do a build myself so i'm on the look out for a frame now , won't have much luck out here but i'll keep the eyes open ,

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i got the ok from the boss to do a build myself so i'm on the look out for a frame now , won't have much luck out here but i'll keep the eyes open ,
Great & GL!! You'll have a blast and get enough headaches picking out what parts you want. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36 Posts
getting the frame is gona be the trouble out here , was looking at a schwinn courier for 290,000 won thats about $255 but i will hold off until after the winter ,
did you get the parts on line ? if so could you please post a link . i can build a ss mountain bike if i get a chain tentioner but i need a product number to find one out here

why has nobody ever told me that cycling is so addictive

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
getting the frame is gona be the trouble out here , was looking at a schwinn courier for 290,000 won thats about $255 but i will hold off until after the winter ,
did you get the parts on line ? if so could you please post a link . i can build a ss mountain bike if i get a chain tentioner but i need a product number to find one out here

why has nobody ever told me that cycling is so addictive
WOW! On some sites $255.00 almost gets you a complete bike. I paid $60.00 for my frame off of Craigslist. I see you're in korea, but if you have anyone stateside in your home town who you trust to purchase and send that may be you best route. My parts came different catalogs, with a lot of assistance from my small town LBS. If I can assist you on anything, let me know. I too want to build a SS mountain bike, but now I'm having trouble finding a frame in my size with suspension. OH YEAHHHHH, cycling is addictive!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts