My toys!

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by dave73ok, Jul 1, 2009.

1. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

Ok, so they're not road bikes, or mountain bikes....but I live in a town in Minnesota on the Mississippi River that's pretty flat, so it's perfect for my old Schwinn cruisers.

Here's a 1962 Schwinn Tiger (turned into a Panther for now). I sandblasted it, got the frame and rims powdercoated red, put some new hardware in it and it's a perfect bar cruiser.
    [​IMG]

1964 Schwinn American. All original, except for the tires. Gotta love that coppertone.
    [​IMG]

1967 Schwinn Typhoon. Sandblasted and powdered black, it uses a Nexus internal 7 speed with coaster brake hub, a 1950's beehive saddle, spring fork, and some 2.125" Schwinn whitewalls that give this thing a cushy floaty ride.
    [​IMG]

Here's my 1967 Schwinn Twinn tandem. This thing is a blast. All original except for the tires. Sometimes we put the baby trailer on this and cruise the lake path or go to the park. Fun!
    [​IMG]

I also have a '64 and '75 Varsity, a '64 Collegiate, and a bunch of other parts and frames.

2. cbman

cbman gnar! gnar! gnar!

That is an EPIC COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

Thanks! I'm at the point where I need to sell some to buy more, since I am out of room!

4. hophead

hophead New Member Tavern Member

I'll take the red Schwinn off your hands!:D

5. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

Funny. I built that one up strictly to sell....since the red is a little loud for me. But it's probably my favorite rider right now. The problem is, I put a few hundred into it....most people don't have a few hundred to spend on a flashy single speed. It's ok....it hurts, but I'll keep it for a while. ;)

6. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Those are very classic and really cool. Very nice collection!

It would be so fun to have bikes like these. I would try to ride them all as well.

7. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

those are some gorgeous bikes.

8. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Nice! I don't even see bikes like that for sale locally, how did you score those.

9. Bebop

Bebop Guest

That one with the mudguards looks like my old one I found in a barn and restored, how common are the schwinns with the mudguards??

10. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

Thanks. I pick them up locally through Craigslist, eBay, local bike shops, etc...
    I'm going to get rid of a couple (probably not any of the ones pictured) so I can buy more bikes and beer stuff. :D

By mudguards, are you talking about the fenders on the two coppertone bikes?

11. clemfan2001

clemfan2001 Guest

Those are some georgous bicycles. Props to great work.

12. tajcrews

tajcrews New Member

Those look really cool! Nice to see someone still has respect for the classics.

13. dave73ok

dave73ok New Member

Thanks! The red one is on ebay right now. I needed to move a couple to fund some future projects.