Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so they're not road bikes, or mountain bikes....but I live in a town in Minnesota on the Mississippi River that's pretty flat, so it's perfect for my old Schwinn cruisers.

Here's a 1962 Schwinn Tiger (turned into a Panther for now). I sandblasted it, got the frame and rims powdercoated red, put some new hardware in it and it's a perfect bar cruiser.

1964 Schwinn American. All original, except for the tires. Gotta love that coppertone.

1967 Schwinn Typhoon. Sandblasted and powdered black, it uses a Nexus internal 7 speed with coaster brake hub, a 1950's beehive saddle, spring fork, and some 2.125" Schwinn whitewalls that give this thing a cushy floaty ride.

Here's my 1967 Schwinn Twinn tandem. This thing is a blast. All original except for the tires. Sometimes we put the baby trailer on this and cruise the lake path or go to the park. Fun!

I also have a '64 and '75 Varsity, a '64 Collegiate, and a bunch of other parts and frames.

·
gnar! gnar! gnar!
179 Posts
That is an EPIC COLLECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Funny. I built that one up strictly to sell....since the red is a little loud for me. But it's probably my favorite rider right now. The problem is, I put a few hundred into it....most people don't have a few hundred to spend on a flashy single speed. It's ok....it hurts, but I'll keep it for a while. ;)

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
Those are very classic and really cool. Very nice collection!

It would be so fun to have bikes like these. I would try to ride them all as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That one with the mudguards looks like my old one I found in a barn and restored, how common are the schwinns with the mudguards??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I pick them up locally through Craigslist, eBay, local bike shops, etc...
I'm going to get rid of a couple (probably not any of the ones pictured) so I can buy more bikes and beer stuff. :D

By mudguards, are you talking about the fenders on the two coppertone bikes?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts