Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my most recent bike (I never have more than one at a time) which is very forgiving to my 73 year old rickity bones. I added the fenders, rack and bell to make it more practical for my needs. A fourteen mile round trip is probably all I'd want to do on this bike, but the heads-up comfort makes up for the weight. The frame is stiff but the seat is plush, even without padded shorts. I quit wearing Lycra shorts when I bought this bike because they would be over-kill for a comfort bike. I do still wear a jersey for the back pockets.

Attachments

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Nice bike, 73 wow gives me hope that I will be peddeling a wile longer, I am 66 :D
I have Jamis Explorer 2.0 comfort bike that I rode a ways last year. I have thaught about pulling it out for a ride or two :rolleyes: I know that it will be a nice smoth ride

·
Registered
11 Posts
+1 on the nice bike. I like the fenders and back rack. You said you added them, did you add them yourself? What brand are they and how hard were they to install?

·
Registered
461 Posts
awsome ride, and its great that your riding at 73! happy V-DAY!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rack & fenders

I bought the rack and fenders at the Giant bike store where I had a little earlier purchased the bike. The store installed them for me but it looked like an easy job with a screwdriver and hex keys. These fenders like like they were made for this bike model but not sure about that. They are the perfect size for the 26x1.95 tires. They are plastic so I'm careful not to damage them and don't know how long they will last. The stays are stainless steel. The alloy rack seems quite sturdy. Thanks for asking. jwhappypants

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pedaling on

If you don't get run over by a cruise ship you should have 20+ good cycling years left! Of course one has to adjust their riding as time slips by but that is not giving up...just being realistic. I have given up being Lance, Alberto, or Andy though...it took a tremendous amount of imagination to do that!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Happy Veteran's day

Well, I'm not a veteran...I was flat on my back in the hospital when my papers came with a fractured back and foot, and I did not pass the second physical when I got out. But I wish happy Veteran's Day to all the veterans out there!

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
I'm going to take a picture of my city bike and post it.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Well seeing your comfort bike got me thinking, so I loaded up the wifes bike and my Explored 2.0 and went to Ocean city N.J., where we rode the boards, the wife did 10 miles and I made an extra lap for 15. we had a great day it was realy nice :D :thumbsup:
Thanks

Attachments

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
I'm glad you had a nice ride.

If it stops raining I'm go to get in a ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi happypants,

Reading your post was very encouraging to me. I'm 61 and started riding again last spring. I started out slowly on a 20", I was trying to regain range of motion in my hips and knees. This fall my wife and I bout new bikes, she bought a Haro Heartland and I a Giant Sedona. We are hooked. I tried a Suede and it is a sweet ride, I really like the foward crank position.

BobH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts