Two Spoke Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
I kind of found them by luck while looking for a square taper BB with ceramic bearings for my wife's trike. I did a Google search and they didn't show up (at least not on the first page) but a day or so later I did a Bing search and there they were. They were the only place I found that had square taper ceramic BBs.

Reactions: superj

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
And you think correctly.

Normally we are just under 100 with humidity just under 100%

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
it feels the same, to me. when I was at ft benning, ga, we would go to Jacksonville, tampa and some other places in florida on the weekends and it felt like corpus

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
in my avatar, the little star on the bottom, is where corpus is. right on the gulf of mexico
Back in the early 70's, I took a contract job in Freeport, which isn't that far north of Corpus. It was during the summer and you are right! It did feel the same.

Reactions: superj

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
ha ha ha, no. I don't think I have had it. I kind of stay with guinness and shiner

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Not that the wind was but so bad as it pretty much stayed under 13 mph and avg. 9 mph but dang man... more than 1/2 the ride in some kind of head wind....Almost every solo ride I've done this year has been this way.

On one segment I ride my PR os 7:47 and today was a tic over 9 minutes, just wore out. Not enough miles this week. Parents are here from Texas visiting for my granddaughters 1st birthday this coming weekend
Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 4.55.36 PM.png

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Our wind comes at us from every direction. Mostly it’s from the Gulf or the Atlantic. Since there’s no mountain range to break up the wind, the gusts are usually consistent and they seem to never end. I have to say, it’s been really different riding in the wind with a full ceramic drive train. Really makes it much easier on the legs. The biggest thing I deal with now is getting my lightweight butt tossed all over the road in strong crosswinds.

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Man...1% or so less time in the wind than yesterday BUT much bigger winds and worse gusts blowing me all over the rad this morning. I'm going to the mountains to learn hw to climb with @Dos_Ruedas :D

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 5.47.14 PM.png

·
Two skinny J's
21,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Our wind comes at us from every direction. Mostly it’s from the Gulf or the Atlantic. Since there’s no mountain range to break up the wind, the gusts are usually consistent and they seem to never end. I have to say, it’s been really different riding in the wind with a full ceramic drive train. Really makes it much easier on the legs. The biggest thing I deal with now is getting my lightweight butt tossed all over the road in strong crosswinds.
As I ride on the road, most folks don't seem to understand, or maybe don't care, that they suck the air right off of us and suck you into traffic when they pass close. I can totally understand the side draft effect NASCAR drivers feel.

Oh and yea, even if the weather app say a SW "breeze" it always seems like a head wind. To be honest I'd ALMOST rather ride into a headwind ( if I can't have a tailwind pushing me ) than battle the unpredictability of the cross winds.

Riding in-between bays and rivers the winds are always crashing into each other around here as well. When I ride parallel to the North river it's one direction and then I turn up and parallel the East river it's a completely different direction.

Reactions: superj and John_V

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
our wind blows the same direction all year long, which ever way I have to fight to come home. but, its better to have wind to keep you cool than no wind and die of heat.

we rode the marathon course this weekend, with the runners. the whole way from the island to the finish was a tail wind and I felt like I was dehydrating just coasting. it felt so nice to turn around and have a head wind to cool you off when we turned for home.

·
still learning
3,610 Posts
we had 30mph wind last night. and, like normal, its always blowing the direction that doesn't take me home, which is fine.

but, it was so windy that it was buffeting my little truck all over the road when I was heading home. and I had to drive in fourth because it was too much for my little 4 cylinder engine in the truck to drive in overdrive, so it was worse than normal

21 - 40 of 58 Posts