·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 · (Edited)
I'm really getting tired of the wind right now especially with all the pollen in the air. For one thing i just can't go out and do a nice easy enjoyable ride, the wind makes you push all the time. Thinking I'm doing an easy Zwift ride this morning after looking at the forecast for today. After the 70's and 80's the past few days 60's* and 14-25 winds just doesn't sound appealing right now,

Yesterdays ride. I'm not sure how accurate these are but when small trees and bending, that's not a 5-8 mph breeze.
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 7.58.00 AM.png

Todays wind forecast.
IMG_8AAB7D4C6F6F-1.jpeg

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Look at that wind tunnel blowing through the Mobjack bay area right now!
Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 8.36.39 AM.png

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Lil breezy tonight and will be much more so tomorrow :(
Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 7.24.37 PM.png

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I'm giving up on the idea that I'll ever get a ride with no wind....ever again :D
Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 8.19.22 PM.png

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Better come for a visit. It's been beautiful all week and should last until late Saturday or Sunday.
I'll be expecting you Friday morning.
Well...I'm on call Saturday :D It would be doable, Moma is headed to the OBX Saturday through Wednesday so I'll be a solo artist

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
Are you guys still getting WindSock reports from your Strava rides? I used to get them all the time but then they suddenly quit and I haven't seen one in over a year.

Reactions: Dos_Ruedas

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Are you guys still getting WindSock reports from your Strava rides? I used to get them all the time but then they suddenly quit and I haven't seen one in over a year.
Yup, I've had t go into MyWindsock serval times and view the activities and then it seems to alway populate into Strava.

·
Two skinny J's
21,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
They now have a pretty decent website as well and may have had it for a while and I was just unaware. I like the fact that when I choose my location a "bubble" pops up and gives me air speed and direction without jumping through all kinds of hoops

Reactions: John_V

·
Administrator
9,948 Posts
I’ll have to give them another try.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,902 Posts
Too much info. I think this app would attempt to make me want to ride less. I like just throwing myself out in the elements and soak up the surprises. Of course, in the woods on singletrack the breeze is nice to have.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts