Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you all name your bikes? I recall on another forum, a great number had names, just wondering what you all called yours.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Nope, not that creative I guess....refer to it as a "big black monster" sometimes, but not sure that counts...

DrB

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
the road bike is often refered to as "her" or "she who must be obeyed", the mountain bikes not named at all...

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
It had a fue names:hate: the day it threw me and I was laying in the road.:D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bike Names

I thought that everyone named their bikes. My Guerciotti Ares is named "Aral" and my old Cannondale mtb is "Cannie". My favorite bike of all time was my De Rosa Planet that I referred to as "Rosie".

·
Slowin it up.
4,299 Posts
So it seems to be a good mix of people who name and don't name. I find that when I name an inanimate object it gets stolen, then I care about it and it hurts. I never named my jeep then when I got my window bashed and radio stolen I didn't feel bad for the jeep.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cool names. Are there any special reasons you chose the names? Nothing seems to fit my bike...yet. Since most of you all are men, and name your bikes a female name, does that mean mine could be a male name?

·
♥'s Bicycles
499 Posts
Felt Q720 - "The Gray One" or "The Mountain Bike"
Raleigh Detour Deluxe - "The Brown One" or "The Greenway Bike"
Motobecane Messenger - formerly "The Fixie" currently "The Eye Gee Aych Bike"

Mrs. HandsomeRyan's Scott Sportster is called "Secret" you know- "strong enough for a man but made for a woman."

13 Posts
I usually call my Schwinn "Schwinn" but lately I have posted it many places online as the "Minstrel Cycle" of The Bicycling Guitarist. I made up that pun back in the 1980s when some people called me a traveling minstrel.

from my web site: "I've been called a traveling minstrel. Does that make my Schwinn a minstrel cycle?" Someone in a songwriting forum added to the pun last year by saying "only if you play ragtime."

1 - 20 of 34 Posts