Name your Bicycle?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Smiley, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Do you all name your bikes? I recall on another forum, a great number had names, just wondering what you all called yours.

2. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I refer to them as "my bike" and "my other bike".:D

3. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

My road bike is named Vera, my mountain bike is named Pepe

4. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Nope, not that creative I guess....refer to it as a "big black monster" sometimes, but not sure that counts...

DrB

5. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Does "Pepe" have anything to do with the little mule in the movie Romancing the Stone?

DrB

6. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

the road bike is often refered to as "her" or "she who must be obeyed", the mountain bikes not named at all...

7. bantam700

bantam700 New Member

maybe :D

8. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

It had a fue names:hate: the day it threw me and I was laying in the road.:D

9. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

I can barely keep track of give kids, let alone eight bikes. But I did give two of my three motorcycles nicknames.

10. kbfore

kbfore New Member

Bike Names

I thought that everyone named their bikes. My Guerciotti Ares is named "Aral" and my old Cannondale mtb is "Cannie". My favorite bike of all time was my De Rosa Planet that I referred to as "Rosie".

11. Industry_Hack

OK we did call our Electra cruisers by their actual names - Rosie and the Jester.

12. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

So it seems to be a good mix of people who name and don't name. I find that when I name an inanimate object it gets stolen, then I care about it and it hurts. I never named my jeep then when I got my window bashed and radio stolen I didn't feel bad for the jeep.

13. Industry_Hack

I named my Landcruiser Elsie.

14. Stev

Stev Guest

I have a Cannondale I call Colleen.

15. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Cool names. Are there any special reasons you chose the names? Nothing seems to fit my bike...yet. Since most of you all are men, and name your bikes a female name, does that mean mine could be a male name?

16. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

It depends, do you find it easier to love something if it's objectified through the opposite sex?

17. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Felt Q720 - "The Gray One" or "The Mountain Bike"
    Raleigh Detour Deluxe - "The Brown One" or "The Greenway Bike"
    Motobecane Messenger - formerly "The Fixie" currently "The Eye Gee Aych Bike"

Mrs. HandsomeRyan's Scott Sportster is called "Secret" you know- "strong enough for a man but made for a woman."

18. I usually call my Schwinn "Schwinn" but lately I have posted it many places online as the "Minstrel Cycle" of The Bicycling Guitarist. I made up that pun back in the 1980s when some people called me a traveling minstrel.

from my web site: "I've been called a traveling minstrel. Does that make my Schwinn a minstrel cycle?" Someone in a songwriting forum added to the pun last year by saying "only if you play ragtime."

19. Cyclomatic

Cyclomatic Guest

I call mine Bikey. That's funny Bicyclingguitarist.

20. craisin

craisin New Member

I have too many bikes to name
    Some are bikes for riding:thumbsup:
    Some are donor bikes for parts