·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Able I able to join even though I only mountain bike?
I recall seeing something about what type riding would count, but don't recall the details. Maybe I dreamed that part. I'll have a look and see.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Able I able to join even though I only mountain bike?
I looked at the rules and see no mention of a particulate category of cycling so I assume mountain biking is good.

Just as a test, unless it rains at my house tonight (40% chance) I'll go out and ride my mtb around the neighborhood a couple laps and log the miles. If they show up then we're good to go.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Of course dirt miles count. They should count double. Do you have a record of your rides in May? Don't wait for Poolie to ride around the block, weather permitting. :rolleyes: Sign up and log your miles. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thunderstorms here till dark so no chance to go out riding. tatt22d, qmsdc15 says dirt miles count. I assume he's right... and yes they should count double ;-)

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
OK! Today is the day I start cycling again, since my shoulder injury last week. I still can't lift my right arm high enough or put pressure on it so my road bike is out, but there's always my wife's recumbent tadpole trike. Will try and get a minimum of 15 miles on it today. If I can get 35, it will put me at 300 miles for the month.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Well, I didn't get in the 35 that I wanted, but I did manage to get in 15 miles with the trike on a neighborhood ride. It wasn't a pretty sight watching me steer that thing with one hand. Couldn't shift gears either as my injured shoulder hurt too much when I tried extending my right arm to grab the steerer arm. Good thing there's hardly any traffic in my neighborhood during the day.

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
Great John. I feel like a slacker only doing 10 mile days but that single track kicks my butt!
Any ride is a great ride, even a 10 miler. Being retired, I just have more time to ride longer.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hope your shoulder heals well. I had a 2nd degree separation last October. It is pretty good now, but I understand it will never fully recover without surgery. The doc recommended not having surgery until it became unbearable. I hope yours gets better quick!

·
Registered
9,933 Posts
mars_yeldir said:
Hope your shoulder heals well. I had a 2nd degree separation last October. It is pretty good now, but I understand it will never fully recover without surgery. The doc recommended not having surgery until it became unbearable. I hope yours gets better quick!
Thanks mars!

Both the ER doc and I thought it was dislocated until the X-rays came back. Lucky for me it's just badly contused, but still hurt like hell. Doc says it should take about two more weeks before I can get back to normal.

·
Registered
6,898 Posts
Hey folks,
Since this is a new team, it is good to know....
I BELIEVE you get 20 pts just for riding each day you go out and an additional point for each mile.

If this is correct, if you ride "only" ten miles a day five days a week, you can rack up as many pts as someone that rides more miles only twice a week.
Sooo.…keep hitting the single track and ride for the brand. Lol

1 - 20 of 29 Posts