Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday morning was nice and cool and sun was shining bright...amd the wind was gusting up to 23 ish mph, perfect day for a ride!

Started my ride getting pummeled by the wind but did I care ? Nope it was just to nice out.

Well anyway on Route 17 ( like that means anything to anybody) they are repaving this road and there is lots of debris every where. I wasn't to worried since they were paving the northbound lanes and was going south.

Cut to the chase, I was riding up the last little hill to get home and the back of the bike felt very loose like......like I had a flat! Looked at it and appeared to be ok and pressed on. By the time I was about a mile and 1/2 from home she was done, just about on the rim. Ok no big deal, stop change the tube and get home with plenty of time to get everything done in time for work.

I almost never check the inside of my tire for damage but since I could see no visible damage to the exterior of the tire I decided to run my hand around the inside before I put the new tube in abd low and behold there it was! A piece of wire like from the brush the road crews use to clean off the road debris stuck in my tire, very small at that. So small I could not grab and pull it out with my fingers so like a dawg used my teeth and pulled it out....for one brief moment I wished I carried a multi-tool :D

Anyway, debris remove new tube installed now for some C02. Oh COOL I get to use my NEW Lezyne Trigger Drive CO2 Inflator!! Scewed on the cartridge, watched the tire start to inflate and pulled of the CO2 and......the tire went flat!! Holy SH** Batman, whatcha gonna do now? I figured out it was the presta valve that froze open letting all the air escape back out, NEVER had that happen before. Lesson learned, Checked the tube with a regular pump when I got to make sure that was exactly what happened and I'm gonna ride on it today.

Well, me being the tight a** and since I just bought new cleats and the weather being cool, removed my shpws and socks and pushed the bike hpome the 1.5 miles. Yea, that was not the smartest thing I have ever done :eek:

I earned two very large and tender blisters on the heel of each foot....all to save buying another set of cleats! NEVER AGAIN! Walking around very gingerly....

Hope you enjoyed my perfect ride from yesterday morning as much as I did :cool:

·
Two skinny J's
21,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't remember seeing that! I would hope I don;t need them again but i guess that's like buying insurance!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts