Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a new heart rate monitor and my main concern is getting one that is able to track time in zone. My current one can do this but is limited to tracking 3 zones but I would like to get one that can track 5 zones. I would also like to be able to set these zones to whatever I like. I've done some online shopping and really haven't found anything that does this. It seems like all of the 5 zone HRM do not allow you to modify the zones. Can anyone recommend one based on these specifications? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Jeepster's right. Using Garmin's Training Software, it's as simple as picking your zone and defining whatever HR numbers you want for that zone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Those are great suggestions but I guess I forgot a big requirement. I'm deployed on an aircraft carrier right now so I was looking for a HRM that was more a wristwatch style that would track 5 zones. Any suggestions in that regard?

Edit: I guess the Forerunner is a stopwatch style HRM but I'm not sure I need something that "high speed" if you will. I'm doing all my training on stationary and spin bikes so I don't really need any GPS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts