Need a new HRM

Discussion in 'Road Bikes' started by FlyingSailor, Dec 7, 2010.

1. FlyingSailor

FlyingSailor New Member

I'm looking to get a new heart rate monitor and my main concern is getting one that is able to track time in zone. My current one can do this but is limited to tracking 3 zones but I would like to get one that can track 5 zones. I would also like to be able to set these zones to whatever I like. I've done some online shopping and really haven't found anything that does this. It seems like all of the 5 zone HRM do not allow you to modify the zones. Can anyone recommend one based on these specifications? Thanks.

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

Jeepster's right. Using Garmin's Training Software, it's as simple as picking your zone and defining whatever HR numbers you want for that zone.

[​IMG]

3. jeepster93

jeepster93 New Member

Here is the same thing from the Garmin training center for a MAC:
    [​IMG]

4. FlyingSailor

FlyingSailor New Member

Those are great suggestions but I guess I forgot a big requirement. I'm deployed on an aircraft carrier right now so I was looking for a HRM that was more a wristwatch style that would track 5 zones. Any suggestions in that regard?

Edit: I guess the Forerunner is a stopwatch style HRM but I'm not sure I need something that "high speed" if you will. I'm doing all my training on stationary and spin bikes so I don't really need any GPS.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. FlyingSailor

FlyingSailor New Member

Any other suggestions? Bueller?

6. gpshay

gpshay New Member

7. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member