Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just called a bike store for prices and their prices are way out of our budget for a new bike. I don't want junk but can't afford over $200. Is it possible for Walmart or Target to have quality? Do they carry any better brands that are $200. or less? I don't need a bike to compete or do any cross country or anything. Just to get me from A to B around town on the road and on dirt and gravel roads. Up to 50 miles a week. Mostly level roads but occasional hills but not major.
And what size should I be looking for if I am 5'2"? I want a bike that won't have bearings wearing out and nuts loosening themselves in 6 months.

Please help :confused:

JoAnn

·
Registered
73 Posts
I just called a bike store for prices and their prices are way out of our budget for a new bike. I don't want junk but can't afford over $200. Is it possible for Walmart or Target to have quality? Do they carry any better brands that are $200. or less? I don't need a bike to compete or do any cross country or anything. Just to get me from A to B around town on the road and on dirt and gravel roads. Up to 50 miles a week. Mostly level roads but occasional hills but not major.
And what size should I be looking for if I am 5'2"? I want a bike that won't have bearings wearing out and nuts loosening themselves in 6 months.

Please help :confused:

JoAnn
If you can come up with another $75 for a $275 total you can buy a trek 700 2010.You can also buy a Giant sedona st for around the same price. Do not buy a bike at walmart or target. You can find a really good bike for under $200 on craigslist.com. people purchase bikes all the time and never ride them. You can find a gently used bike for cheap. I would take a trip to your local bike shop and let them now your budget and what you are looking for.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Are you against the idea of going used and checking out Craigslist???? You can probably find a pretty good deal on a bike in your price range.

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
And some stores have a nice selection of used bikes that have been gone over by the tech staff. There are deals to be had.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts