Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help choosing a good conversion kit. With my preferences listed below (or suggestions for something better), could someone direct me to a decent kit, please…

●―Twist throttle - NOT pedal-first before it kicks in; I prefer choice of throttle only WITH pedal option.
●―A LifePO4 battery (or a better suggestion).
●―20 mile range or more.
●―350 or 450 watt rear hub motor
●―not too long for recharge time
●―Battery monitor(?)
●―Front and rear brakes

Comments that sound good from other bikers:

“I would not use anything less then 500w/36v & lifepo4 battery”
“I want to use it more like a low end scooter than a pedal assist.”

Thanks... AngieM

·
Registered
7 Posts
range will be dependent on the battery, a 36v 10ah lipo will do about 14 miles with no pedaling, to get 20 or more miles you would need a 15 or 20ah battery. but if you pedal a little, especially during take off (you have the most power draw at start off) you can get 20 miles from 10ah. a 500 watt motor imo is the better choise. amped bikes is a good place to buy from. very helpfull with good customer service.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reply to Tomos comment

Looks like you might be a sales person for this link... that would make me NOT want to look into it. :mad:

·
I70Lightningbike
19 Posts
If you don't care for sales persons, you are going to love me. I own the company. You can see what you want at I70West Lightning Shopping!, Lightning Strikes in Online Shopping There is a sale going on and I think you are going to like what you see. These kits are a bit bigger than you stated in power.

Any kit can accept the 16AH 36v lithium battery in stock. That should give you the range and the power you need. I would suggest, for simplicity sake, you go with the WE 600 watt kit and order the 16AH 36 volt battery to go with it. I use the WE myself on my bikes. This comes with a thumb throttle. Takes about 20 minutes to install it from start to drive it off with a Hex wrench, adjustable wrench, tire tool and something to cut the wire ties that comes with it for the wiring. The only hardware it doesn't come with is the bolts to bolt the battery rack that's included. If you go with the LI battery, you will need two 12 gauge wire connectors from Radio Shack or from any hardware or Auto store.

Now, there is the Golden Motor system. But it's a bit more agressive in features and a bit harder to install. Not all hardware comes with it and it doesn't come with batteries.

Both are on sale right now for $349.95. The battery you need is also available but I don't remember the price on that.

I70West Lightning Shopping!, Lightning Strikes in Online Shopping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts