Need help finding rear derailleur hanger

Discussion in 'Mountain Biking' started by awinter, Dec 10, 2010.

1. awinter

awinter No longer a newb!

Hey folks need your help. I snapped the rear derailleur hanger on my 2010 Specialized Rockhopper HT. Where is a good source to find which part number this is and to order a replacement; or should I just go to my LBS for this? Also, is this an easy to install piece or will I need to have the LBS do this. I don't really work on bikes much, cars yes, bikes no.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

PS: Merry Christmas

2. awinter

-bump- could use the help here, thanks!

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

4. zenbike

zenbike New Member

Specialized Deraileur hanger source

Your local specialized dealer will likely have it in stock, for around $15. And there are so many different versions of derailleur hangers that ordering online is difficult for a pro. And even then you assume that the site knows what they're doing. And then you won't likely save much unless you're already ordering other parts.

Just my 2 cents.

5. awinter

Thanks! I'll just head to my LBS.

6. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

I will add that there is a tool to aline the hanger after it is instaled , if you broke the hanger the new one will probobly nead to be alined .

7. zenbike

zenbike New Member

Derailleur alignment gauge

The derailleur alignment gauge is a tool designed to realign one piece steel dropouts. The replaceable aluminum type are possible to realign if not broken completely. However, it leaves the aluminum soft and malleable. They are best simply replaced. They're also cheap enough to keep a spare in the seat bag for trail accidents.