Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to the forum and was hoping some of you cyclist could help me identify a cannondale bike I recently aquired. I could find no marking for model number or name of the model anywhere. Included is a picture of teh bike in question. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Total noob (& forum admin)
12,350 Posts
Can you get a shot of the drivetrain side? I had a similar one, with that giant tubing, (does it say 3.0 on it anywhere?) and it rode so harsh I quickly flipped it.

·
12,350 Posts
Yes, the serial would be good. I'm guessing that the model designation is ST400. Try a Google search for that, and let us know if it's a match as far as spec.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks you all for the information. The model is a st400. I looked at all the information and with all the parts on the bike it matches up exactly with the 1987 st400 model. Any idea as to what the value could be? Thanks

·
12,350 Posts
Thanks you all for the information. The model is a st400. I looked at all the information and with all the parts on the bike it matches up exactly with the 1987 st400 model. Any idea as to what the value could be? Thanks
While it's highly rated by owners, value is very subjective. Based on the ride quality, it would be worth nothing to me. Someone else might see it as a cheap commuter, and pay $100 or more. Again, that's just my opinion. Vintage road bikes are hardly my area of expertise.

Are you considering buying it? If so, have you ridden it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts