Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this bike tucked away in some old farm buildings. It's in rough shape, but considering restoring as it has a certain charm. But, I'd like to know if anyone can give any info regarding age/make/model. It may not be worth putting time and $ into!!!

TIA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Could you possibly have posted a worse photo? In all seriousness, post a decent shot, and one of the cranks, along with any head badge, and I'll see what I can find out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know- it's a terrible pic. The one posted on Craigslist. The bike has already been thrown into a friend's garage. I'll try to get better pics in the coming days!! But I think this might just be a junker, unfortunately...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
It may not be worth what you put into it in the way of value. Cash aside if you like the bike, want to ride it, why not restore it anyway. I have spent money on things far less productive than that. It is disappointing to put a great deal of time into a project thinking you are going to make money and don't, but if you go into it up front knowing where you stand and its for fun and to ride a cool bike then you are ahead of the game before you start.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Jess,
Is that a girls bike? Go crazy! Change out the handlebars, seat! Make it your bike! A lot of times a crappy bike with that "one size fits all" frame just needs a different seat and handlebars. Maybe move the new bars closer or further away with a new neck. Those bars look kinda severe! Wrist breakers. Sometimes the bike company makes different style bikes with that one frame! I have put racing bars on a crappy "Free Spirit". A brand new bike! Horrible seat! Got to find another soon.
Have fun!
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts