Need help identifying junky old bike!!!

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by jess81, Apr 11, 2011.

1. jess81

jess81 New Member

I found this bike tucked away in some old farm buildings. It's in rough shape, but considering restoring as it has a certain charm. But, I'd like to know if anyone can give any info regarding age/make/model. It may not be worth putting time and $ into!!!

TIA

Attached Files:

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Could you possibly have posted a worse photo? In all seriousness, post a decent shot, and one of the cranks, along with any head badge, and I'll see what I can find out.

3. jess81

jess81 New Member

I know- it's a terrible pic. The one posted on Craigslist. The bike has already been thrown into a friend's garage. I'll try to get better pics in the coming days!! But I think this might just be a junker, unfortunately...

4. photosbymark

photosbymark New Member

It may not be worth what you put into it in the way of value. Cash aside if you like the bike, want to ride it, why not restore it anyway. I have spent money on things far less productive than that. It is disappointing to put a great deal of time into a project thinking you are going to make money and don't, but if you go into it up front knowing where you stand and its for fun and to ride a cool bike then you are ahead of the game before you start.

5. billnuke1

billnuke1 Member

Hey Jess,
    Is that a girls bike? Go crazy! Change out the handlebars, seat! Make it your bike! A lot of times a crappy bike with that "one size fits all" frame just needs a different seat and handlebars. Maybe move the new bars closer or further away with a new neck. Those bars look kinda severe! Wrist breakers. Sometimes the bike company makes different style bikes with that one frame! I have put racing bars on a crappy "Free Spirit". A brand new bike! Horrible seat! Got to find another soon.
    Have fun!
    Bill