Need some help fast

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Grape Ape, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Long story short. My sister has 4 kids and is a big part of a bunch of organizations. She is strung out pretty far. She is also a member of the Moffat county tourism board. They recently hired a director, the director didn't do her job and they are way behind for a big sportsmans expo that is coming up. Well then the woman resigned. They are trying to decide whether to hire a new director or just move on without one. The woman worked at the paper, and went back to the paper when she resigned as director and the newspaper has been slanted to show that all is rosy and good. It isn't. My sister knows that if they don't hire a new director it will fall to the other members to do it. She and her husband have sheep that they sell and also rent out their property to hunters anything like this helps her. She knows if they don't hire a director to do the job she will end up with it and has way to much on her plate. She doesn't want the big plans all to go to bust.

The newspaper is running a poll as to whether they should hire a new tourism board director. Could you please go there and vote "Hire someone new". It will really help the area and also keep my sister from having to add more to what she already handles. Sadly if they don't hire someone she will end up doing it because it helps them and the area. So please go to the link and vot for them to "hire someone new"

Craig Daily Press / Poll: Should the Moffat County Tourism Association hire a new director or move on without one?

Thanks

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Voted. I've had several jobs where I've been dumped too much on after people quit, sucks.

4. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Done and done. Looking good for your sister.

5. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

So I voted but I'm not entirely sure why.

Does this make me like the sheep your sister rents out?
    Is this a case of your sister can't say no? Just tell her to tie a string around her finger to remind her to not take on new work or call in with the sheep flu.

Why did Michelle leave? What is the reason for questioning not replacing her? Was this a cost driven down sizing issue? They're funded by the lodging tax and may have a limited budget.

Ain't google great?
    I don't see the expo in the calendar?
    What do Melody Villard, chairwoman , Patricia McCaffrey, co-chairwoman , Cindy Looper, treasurer , Diane Brannan , Elisa Hayes, Frank Moe, Gina Robison, Renee Campbell, alternate and Audrey Danner, ex-officio think about replacing her?

6. Grape Ape

Yes it makes you like my sisters rental sheep.:D

The Moffat county tourism board brings attention to the area. All of the basic stuff you would think of for tourism but also the things offered in the area. The sheep and cattle people plus the hunting in the area. My sister and her husband make their money from raising sheep both from wool sale to meat sale and also from hunting. To have the tourism board fall by the wayside would reduce the number of people who look at what the area has to offer. Sadly most of the people involved are only involved because it looks good when they say it to their friends.

The prior director worked for the local newspaper. Her boyfriend also worked there. They broke up, she quit and left town so as not to be around him. She later moved back. My sister had done a bunch of stuff to set it up and was happy when a person was hired as the Director it freed up alot of her time. The director has been in place for a while. Then the director got a job back at the newspaper. She resigned during a meeting where she had called the newspaper so they could cover it. When she resigned a long time friend of hers was the reporter from the paper who was there to interview her. In the period of time since she resigned (3 weeks) the others have finished 3 of the 4 flyers she was supposed to have done over the last 5 months and have the 4th one on the way to the printer.

Regarding the expo. The director received the paperwork for it in June. At the meeting where the director resigned the board asked her what the restrictions were for a booth at the expo. The ex director said "I don't know I haven't had time to look at the package yet." Basically she has been pulling a check and has done nothing to move the board forward. My sister has jumped on the expo stuff trying to get them set up to attend so that they can show what Moffat county has to offer to hunters.

As for all of the people you mentioned they are all for the hiring of a new director. Then they can count on someone else to do the heavy lifting while they bask in the glow.

The reasoning behind the question in the paper is that being an employee of the paper the ex-director and her friends at the paper have played down the tourism board and most people are wondering why they need a director. Sadly the other members are not being given a fair shot, or any shot in the media, so when this came up it is their chance to get it handled without the people at the paper downplaying it.

Any other questions? I will try to answer them

7. Oneway

Oneway Boston Biker

wow!

Baa! (translation: good luck!)
    Baa! (translation: thanks!)
    Baa! (translation: my complaining about a stem leak on an inner tube isn't gonna get much sympathy, huh?)

8. synack

synack The Back Row

Voted just because you asked. I gain nor lose anything out of it except 5 seconds of my time. :p

9. Grape Ape

Thanks to all, it is appreciated.

10. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Done - Hope everthing works out for them...:thumbsup:

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

How did this turn out?