Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Apparently I'm getting all mixed up between the brands and models for my shifting.

I have a SRAM X-9 1:1 actuation ratio rear derailleur, a SRAM Attack Impulse 8-speed shifter and a Shimano XT 8-speed cassette. I need to keep this as cheap as possible till I'm able to upgrade so, according to the LBS I need a different shifter. They stated that the rear derailleur and cassette are compatible but I selected the one SRAM shifter that is made to work with the older, lower-line Shimano derailleurs. Can someone suggest an 8-speed SRAM shifter that is compatible with the 1:1?

Forgot to add, looking for trigger not grip-shift.

Thanks,
Neuner

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't understand your post because that is what I have now and what is causing the problem. I already have an 8-speed that is Shimano compatible. I need a 8-speed shifter that is SRAM 1:1 compatible.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I've been running Shimano for years. Is there an advantage to the SRAM 1:1 ratio? I'm asking because an 8 speed perversion is planned. Chain is at max stretch, cassette is worn out, a bazillion miles on the freehub, now's the time to upgrade from 7. My derailleur is an old LX that works fine, but I'm already spending money and also re-dishing the wheel (which is still in fine shape). If there's a noticeable upgrade in shifting, I'm willing to change it too.

·
Spin Spin Spin
3,929 Posts
Switch to gripshift and I have you covered.............as in cheap 3x8 set never installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts