Never forget

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rola643, Sep 11, 2010.

1. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

I remember the day vividly. I remember it being a very cool morning, where I was, what I was doing, and watching the news in total disbelief wondering what was next...

Attached Files:

2. flyingdog

flyingdog Member

"Never Forget"

I too remember very precisely. Actually, I was watching a news channel when all this happened and they broke in with the reports/visuals. Utterly Devastating, Unbelievable and a few other choice thoughts. I've got waaay to many family and friends in the military to ever forget this day.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010

3. froze

froze Banned

Unfortunately I fear most have forgotten or no longer care. And I think our government is not doing much to stop future events. Oh sure we're in Afghanistan but we're not there to win, just like Vietnam; same with Iraq, the bombings continue and what will be the long term prospect? Will the Iraq's step up or crumble due to lack of will like South Vietnam? What about other known terrorists states? Why are we not there? Any time the US military wanted to, they could, without interference from Washington, win all of these in a very short amount of time, but alas we must fight a politically correct war and only fight to a draw.

And this problem with terrorists is effecting most of the world, but our Nato "friends" just sit on their collective hands refusing to help with money or military. Russia has continuous terrorist attacks and they too just sit on their hands. We should be joining our forces in a common cause as a collective front against terrorism. But no, America can do it while the rest of the world sets back and watches while we spend trillions of dollars. It would be an interesting day when America can no longer afford to fight and withdraws from all parts of the world, I wonder what our Nato "friends" will do then when we're no longer there to protect them?

So lets allow the Muslem's to build a mosque right across the street from the 911 site so they can laugh at our wimpyness and rub salt in our wounds.

I wonder if America will ever wake up, they better because the locusts are coming.

4. Gandalfe

Gandalfe '57 Schwinn Wasp

Didn't hear from my brother who was supposed to be in a meeting at the WTC for 24 hours after the destruction. Scary stuff. He survived as they had moved meeting but I'll never forget how *that* felt, no knowing...

5. retromike3

retromike3 retromike3

The question is strength or will?

The United States has more power than the rest of the world put together. The real question is do we have the will to use it? If we let the focus get diverted we may not be able to finish the job we started.

One of the problems is that the "enemy" does not wear uniforms. In the past this was dealt with very simply we executed them.(see WWII NAZI saboteurs) If we were using the military code of conduct and not the US legal system(and when did enemy combatants obtain US citizenship ?) The problem would be dealt with a lot easier.

One person who will remain nameless said a true statement "The job of the U.S. military is to kill people and brake things." whenever we try to do things other than that with the military we get in trouble.

mike

6. froze

froze Banned

It was a unknown Marine drill instructor who first coined the phrase: "the job of the U.S. military is to kill people and break things." From there it's been repeated over and over and over.

7. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

I was working up on a scissor lift at the time, my wife called me to let me know about it after a neighbor woke her up to tell her, then someone put a TV on on the site so we could all watch what went on.

8. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

AND, Paybacks are going to be hell!!!

9. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I was sleeping. A friend of mine called me, it was my day off. I went over to his house drank, and watched the coverage.

10. Gandalfe

Gandalfe '57 Schwinn Wasp

11. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

I'll check it out, thanks for the link!

12. RogerChan

RogerChan New Member

That was a weird day to all of us. I was working and my manager told us to stop working and to watch the TV. We were all like paralyzed and somehow the whole world went slower. I was worrying so much that this might be just the beginning...

13. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

The time did drag something horrible.