Two Spoke Forums banner

New 4DP test

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  Merlincustom 
#1 · (Edited)
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Electronic device
Ecoregion Map World Organism Rectangle
Well it has been two weeks since my last 4DP test which I had to do without my HR as a variable to include in the calculations. But since that day and one hour of riding hades, my HR conundrum has been fixed by using my ANT+ to link my smart trainer to the Sufferfest over Bluetooth.

That said.....another hour of hades and I went from a “Rouleur” designation to a “Pursuiter”.

Loving Sufferfest!

My 4DP numbers as above and my designation as determined by Sufferfest.

See less See more
#5 ·
No. Sufferfest gives you a little time to find that right gear for your sustained cadence and watts they put up as a guide. But you are busy clicking about to get what gear you think you can survive for that time for sure!

To be honest, I never got out of my big chain ring the whole test! Guess I was too focused. I may have taken a bit of difficulty out of the legs if I had but I didn’t.

#6 · (Edited)
^ For VO2 and anaerobic stuff I try to find a gear I can stay on top of at about 100 rpm. For a 20 minute time trial I try to be around 90-93 or so. I'm not strong enough to turn a big gear at 80-85. Kills the legs.

I did a ramp test Saturday that I wasn't happy with. I was down 43 watts from July. I felt more mentally taxed than physical, and bailed earlier than I know I could have. I start base every November and in past years my starting FTP is usually 20-30 watts down from its peak earlier in the year, so I'm chalking this up to not being ready to really suffer. I'm going to re-test.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.