New bike for me

Discussion in 'General Bike Discussion' started by chibibike, Feb 16, 2011.

1. chibibike

chibibike Banned

I just got a new bike. I thought I'd start riding more for exercise and fun.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. chibibike

chibibike Banned

installed new grips myself!

Here's the grips I put on. I thought i was gonna have to take it to a shop to have them do it but I got them off myself, it was hard to pull off though. I finally found a bell too I went all over the place looking for one of those.

[​IMG]

3. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

That's a good looking ride! Definitely not the usual in-your-face multi-position brand labels you see on a lot of bikes.

4. chibibike

chibibike Banned

when i first took it out to ride my palms were hurting a little and i only rode it like 5 miles so thats why i was looking for a more comfortable grip so i hope these work and fix my hands.

5. Saugus18

Saugus18 Specialized Crosstrail

Not long after getting my bike, I ended up getting the same grips you have. I hope they work for you as good as they work for me... my hands are much more comfortable with these and don't fatigue as much on longer rides. Add some decent gel padded gloves and I'm good to go all day if need be. Nice looking bike by the way!

[​IMG]

6. rola643

rola643 Two skinny Js Staff Member Admin Staff Mod Team Tavern Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  7. chibibike

chibibike Banned

yeah I live in kiln creek

8. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

9. chibibike

chibibike Banned

bike rack

I went to performance bike in VB last night and got the xport 2 bike hitch rack. I just installed it this morning and it looks pretty good and sturdy. I can't wait to start useing it. One of the main rasons I didn't like going to trails and taking my bike places cause I didn't want to deal with setting up my old rack with those straps to hook on the trunk. this will be sooo much easier.

10. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Congrats on the new bike!

11. chibibike

chibibike Banned

12. chibibike

chibibike Banned

handlebar drops pictures

I installed these bar drops. what do you think? They are real light and they grip on the handlebar real good. Should I move them inside more instead? I really don't know what I'm doing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Saugus18

Saugus18 Specialized Crosstrail

Jeeezz ..I've never seen drop ends like that. Especially on a MTB....

14. chibibike

chibibike Banned

it's a trek utopia, I don't go mountian biking. It's classified as a dual sport bike. I wanted something that would be good for road riding as well as on light trails so this one seems to suit my needs, however I'm trying to make it a little more on the road riding side since I'll be using it more often for commuting around work on roads soon. That's why I put the drop bars on and I still gotta put brakes and tape on the drops and I'll be putting on 700x25 or 700x28 tires on it soon for more speediness.

15. chibibike

chibibike Banned

16. chibibike

chibibike Banned

i didn't do so good at taping them it was my first time and do i need to move the brakes down a little? i'm not sure...... I think i'll unwrap and retape them and I need to get new brake cables and run them through, i'll do that tomorrow i hope its easy.

17. jbchybridrider

jbchybridrider New Member

18. chibibike

chibibike Banned

its a lil different now i got new handlebars and tires now

19. Nigal

Nigal YAY BAIKS! Tavern Member

What's all the stuff on the bars? A light I can see but what's the big thing sticking up? And why no just dump the whole production and go with simple, clean rams horns bars with brifters? Not criticizing but my OCD is buzzing when i look at it. LOL!

20. chibibike

chibibike Banned

well thats kinda what i did but i still have the trigger shifters for now but i'll end up replacing those with brifters at some point but i'm gonna order a carbon frame soon and build a bike for myself and my friend that are more speed orientated and lighter.

here's my setup right now but that thing sticking up with a ram mount for my garmin 60c gps. I don't use it on my bike anymore since I got a computer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]