Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a 2010 Fuji Absolute 1 from Bike Nashbar. I'm looking forward to its arrival. Makes me look forward to Spring :)

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
Luv'd my Fuji in the 70s. Took it to Germany and back. Eventually traded it in on a Trek. It is the same Trek I have today some 30+ years later.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gandalfe,

Thanks for sharing your experience with your Fuji bike. I hope the one I ordered will serve me as well as yours did. I'm thinking that cycling through Germany had to be beautiful.

·
'57 Schwinn Wasp
224 Posts
Not only is Europe old-school beautiful, the bike trails are phenomenal and in many cases state of the art. The ones that parallel the autobahn often have the same bridge systems over the other busy roads. I did almost run into a deer one night on the way home from work when my headlight went out. I added a backup light at that point, so that I always had two lights available at any time.

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
I have a Fuji Absolute 1.0, I have over 3,500 miles on it it is a fun ride It is a 2010 with disc brakes, I think thay only made it with disc 1 year. Have fun with yours it realy is a nice bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wild, glad to hear you like your absolute 1. I've seen the model with disk brakes online. The one I ordered doesn't have them. I wish it did.

·
4,311 Posts
Maybe mine is a 2009 leftover the disc brakes add about 1 or 2# to the bike and that may be why thay only had them for a year. I did brake 2 spokes on the rear wheel, but after I had the shop tighten the spokes and true the wheel no more broken spokes, by the way I am 235#. Good luck with your new bike I think you will like it I realy like mine, it is a fun bike to ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bike Arrived

Well my bike arrived from Bike Nashbar today and it looks great. I took it to a Fuji dealer for assembly and will be picking it up on Saturday. Not that the weather is going to be good for biking here - might hit low 40's - burrr.

Any way I will post a photo when I get it home.

·
4,311 Posts
As my grandson said that bike has fastness in it :D :thumbsup:. The main thing is have fun with it

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seeing urs made me poisoned with Fuji & bought 2012 absolute in matt gray... 3.0 though, could not find 1.0 but I really luv it

·
Recreational and Utility Rider :)
243 Posts
Really nice looking machine!! ENJOY! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's great, Swifter. I'm sure you are enjoying it. I did my longest ride a week ago (35 mile) and loved it. So far...so good. I wish you many happy miles on your new bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts