Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2010 Jamis Aurora Elite has arived :D I ordered the bike Fri day and got it yesterday from my dealer, Tuckahoe bike shop, here in South Jersey. So you know it is raining here today :rolleyes: The last bike I got was the day befor the blizzard last year.

Attachments

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am likeing this steely, rides like a Caddy :thumbsup: it is nimble and good exceleration, overall I like it. I am getting the hang of them brifters :rolleyes: nead to work on trimming out with the left one. the one thing I did not like were the new watter bottles, thay don't squeze like I like but that is not a bigie. The saddle neads some ajustment :eek: I put 3500 on the Absolute1.0 and 6 saddles and never found one I realy liked. I only got 11 miles on the bike a little time and some ajustment and I might of found the bike of my dreams.:D

·
Two skinny J's
21,452 Posts
Lemme know how you like the SRAM double tap stuff. I don't think at this point I will go back. I love the snappy quick response.

* EDIT * Closer inspection of your picture looks like Shimano stuff but hard to tell

·
Eocyclist
742 Posts
I am likeing this steely, rides like a Caddy :thumbsup: it is nimble and good exceleration, overall I like it.
...[snip]...
I only got 11 miles on the bike a little time and some ajustment and I might of found the bike of my dreams.:D
That's a great bike! My wife has a 2009 Jamis Aurora and loves it for tooling around town as well as touring.

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rola643 I put the specs in the cycle registry thay are Tiagra dual control STI

LarryM I wanted the 2010 for the tripple. Glad to hear your wife likes hers :thumbsup:

worthless Thanks for the nice coment

·
Registered
64 Posts
I came really close to grabbing a Jamis steel as my first roadie but just could not get the bike I wanted to fit my budget. (ended up with a Specialized Allez / 150 group).
Rode with a group sponsored by the local LBS / Jamis dealer last week and I was the odd-man-out on my bright red Allez! The Jamis bikes were all sweet rides and I admit I was a bit jealous and took a bit of good natured ribbing from the LBS manager......

Congrats on the really nice bike and I hope you enjoy it!

·
speedfan
53 Posts
Jamis

Beautiful bike, I know what you mean about the steel. Hope you get better weather and time, congratulations.

·
4,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
tomk I am sure that LBS manager will make you a good deal :D.

speedfan I have this old Huffy I am thinking of making into a single speed, but the Jamis is so much lighter, This bike is listed as 27.75# but feels much lighter and that is with fenders and rack. I don't know what 631 tubing is but Jamis has a nice single speed with that for a frame :rolleyes:.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts