Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, currently I commute aprox 20 miles a day on a scott sub 40, I have decided to upgrade but not too sure which bike to choose, I'm looking at the trek 7.6, hybrid but also the trek 2.1 road bike, I have never owned a road bike before so I don't know what to expect... Any guidance/experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Personally if I was buying a commuter, I would look into a cross-bike. They are plenty tough, versatile, fun, and have enough clearance to use fenders. My dream foul weather commuter would be a belt drive cross-bike with an internal hub. If such a thing exists. The best way to find what bike is right for you is to find a good bike shop and let them guide you. Remember I said good bike shop . Not a Trek concept store, a sporting goods store, a department store, or a roady snob store. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Not sure where you are located, but if I were commuting 10 miles each way I'd probably choose a Breezer Uptown or Liberty. I had an Uptown 8 for a long term review on my blog, and rode it for about 12-15 miles each time over moderately hilly terrain -- and liked it a lot. Now they also have an Uptown Infinity (with infinite internally-geared hub). Both come ready to go with hub dynamo, lights, fenders, chainguard, etc. The Breezer Liberty is a little more road-bike-like with 27 speeds and 700c tires.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts