New from Canada - Sarnia Ontario

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by foto, Jan 24, 2010.

1. foto

foto New Member

Hello all fellow cyclists, I started cycling about 2 years ago. Usually watching a lot of TV isn't the best for ones health, but this time I was watching a show on the tube, on preservation and a segment came on about cycling in Portland, Oregon, which depicted a Friday midnight ride, hundreds of people on their bikes having a real funtime. So I went out and bought a basic under $200.00 Raleigh hard tail mountain bike. I informed my wife that I was going to start riding this bike, she thought this was a crazy idea, but she did decide to go with me for fun. My wife used an old bike that we had in the shed which probably weighs about 40 pounds more than a third of her weight, she still uses it as a winter ride in most weather conditions. The first ride we did about 15 km (9 mi), we were both sore and tired. Fortunatly the terrain around here is quite flat, very few hills, except for highway overpasses and some small bumps in the landscape. The first year of cycling, each of us rode about 1200 to 1300 km. The following year I'm at about 2200 km. (1300 mi.) my wife............. over 8,000 km (4800 mi.) Oh yes she now has 3 bikes, same as me. We'll have to get some photos in "my ride" forum.
    :thumbsup:

2. HandsomeRyan

HandsomeRyan ♥'s Bicycles

Welcome to the forums.

3. Grape Ape

Grape Ape Younger than Hack Tavern Member

Glad to have you here. Sounds like you both are having a good time. Why does she have so many more miles does she out run you then come back to check on you, then out run you again?:D

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Welcome! Are you photographer by trade?

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to Twospoke.com!

6. Doohickie

Doohickie Older than Hack

One of my favorite bike bloggers is just up the road from you a few hours (London, Ont.): R A N T W I C K. His blog is awesome.

7. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome Dude.

Post a lot.

8. foto

foto New Member

Yes I have been in photography, for many years. I also manage a camera shop and photolab.