Two Spoke Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very glad to have found this forum. I just started riding this summer and have to say that I am hooked to say the least. This is my daily commuter as of now. It is a 2010 Cannondale Quick 6. Just recently put new schwalbe winter marathons on it ( I thought we were going to have a snow storm). LOL. Well at least the studs will be well set. I look forward to many rewarding conversations with you folks. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a good question. When I first started biking this summer I had an old trek 800. I would commute with that 30 miles one way. I only did a two way commute with that one a few times due to the fact that it was an 18 inch frame and I am six feet tall. Long story short my trip has decreased to ten miles one way and I usually commute that as a round trip every day. How about you?

·
curly
110 Posts
I retired in 2007 so I don't commute anymore. I used to commute in the late '70s when I worked at the newspaper in Milwaukee, worked the night shift 5 p.m.-12:45 a.m., it was 10 miles one way. Most of my riding now is on the Ozaukee Interurban trail and some of the other trails in our area. The Interurban is nice, 32 miles one way and has city and country areas so it breaks up the scenery which is nice. I do work at a LBS part time and would like to bike there but the road is extremely busy and a lot of the drivers aren't very concerned about bikers and their safety. Looks like you're in the military?

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
What part of Mimi-soda do you call home? I live in Ohio but my heart is in Ely.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nigal said:
What part of Mimi-soda do you call home? I live in Ohio but my heart is in Ely.
Ely. Wow a bit north of me a believe. I actually reside in the twin cities area. How is the riding in Ely? Glad to see another minnesotan if not former anyways :)

·
YAY BAIKS!
1,576 Posts
Ely. Wow a bit north of me a believe. I actually reside in the twin cities area. How is the riding in Ely? Glad to see another minnesotan if not former anyways :)
I've never been able to live there but it's about my favorite area in the world. I've been up there to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area about a dozen times. Minneapolis is an awesome town. Tons of big city culture and great biking. I think it was #1 cycling city in the country a year or two ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it was #1 cycling city in the country a year or two ago.
Depending on the source, yes Minneapolis is the #1 biking community in the states. It seems to leap frog back and forth with Portland every year. I do now that we have the most dedicated bike lanes on road than any other city. Some of the trails are smack dead in the middle of the city yet you would think you are up north in a park reserve. I was riding the other day through theoworth pkwy trail and was no more than a few hundred feet from the highway and tall buildings. On both sides of me rose tall grass and cattails with Redwing black birds buzzing in and out. It was beautiful. I love riding around all of our lakes at night. It has a certain peace to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts