Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all... I'm new to the forum and to cycling. Have been an avid runner for several years now and decided to start cross training after an injury last year. I just recently purchased my first bike since I was about 14 years old! After much research I decided on the Trek 8.4 DS and for the last few weeks I've loved riding it!! Now looking forward to learning some great new information and talking to some great people!!

·
Two skinny J's
21,183 Posts
Welcome to TS JoeyGeeze

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kneedrachen said:
Welcome to the forum! Where about in NJ? I grew up in the Oranges, moved around Union County a bit before settling in Monmouth County. . .and now live in Maryland:hate:
Thanks! I'm from the Woodbridge area in middlesex county, but I now live up north in Hudson County, Union City to be exact. I've been to Maryland a couple times.. Only Ocean City though haha.

·
1,189 Posts
Welcome, I too am new to riding and have already become addicted. I used to hike and run, but I pay for those for days afterwards. Without the impact in cycling, I just have general soreness and have discovered muscles I didn't know I had:) Plus it's just fun, it doesn't seem like exercise to me.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome Joey. I hope you enjoy your time here. Don't hesitate to ask questions...there are some very knowledgeable folks who are willing to share what they've learned along the way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all again for the welcoming! I originally purchased the bike to ride maybe once a week... Yesterday was my 3rd ride this week, but don't tell my running shoes that they'll get jealous. I will definitely be asking some questions and learning alot here since I really don't know much when it comes to bicycles. So far im really happy with the purchase, I'm starting to learn the different gears and how to actually work the bike LOL.

·
1,393 Posts
Thank you all again for the welcoming! I originally purchased the bike to ride maybe once a week... Yesterday was my 3rd ride this week, but don't tell my running shoes that they'll get jealous. I will definitely be asking some questions and learning alot here since I really don't know much when it comes to bicycles. So far im really happy with the purchase, I'm starting to learn the different gears and how to actually work the bike LOL.
Don't let your running shoes get jealous - watch a marathon and notice how many heavy runners there are - then watch a bike race - the interval training that is naturally part of biking is better for weight loss - unless you were doing sprints in your running shoes - also your joints will thank you later

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bikertank said:
Don't let your running shoes get jealous - watch a marathon and notice how many heavy runners there are - then watch a bike race - the interval training that is naturally part of biking is better for weight loss - unless you were doing sprints in your running shoes - also your joints will thank you later
Well I can't stray from running too much, that's my bread and butter lol. But yea you're very right. Right now I'm doing a little bit of both. I'm actually training for the men's health Urbanathlon in October!

·
1,393 Posts
Ah - have to run then !

If you are training for a run I would like to refer you to a awesome book on training & other stuff - sometimes just a little weird too - the 4 hr body by tim ferris

If you have a Kindle or Ipad with internet capabilities get that version for the embedded videos

1 - 15 of 15 Posts