Two Spoke Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the forum while searching for info on purchasing a new bike!
I've currently got an older KHS Mtn bike - actually a pretty nice bike with Shimano Deore and good kit all around. ROC is a pretty bike friendly community with a lot of trails including about 9 miles of paved trail a short hop from my house so I converted the bike to slicks and a different bar set-up....it's good up to about 12 miles or so but much past that and it gets painful.

So - I am shopping for a cross bike...something that I can use in the winter as well as on 25 mile group rides and weekend 50 milers.

Anyway - looking forward to joining the community.

·
Premium Member
12,350 Posts
Welcome to the forums! I'm from Rockland County originally, but that was a million years ago, back when I had a little yellow BMX bike.

I like cross bikes, they're road bikes with attitude. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cross is what I am thinking. My local shop has a closeout 2009 Redline Conquest Pro that I am thinking about grabbing!

We are actually in the process of trying to relocate to Lexington KY.

·
SMILEY CAR
191 Posts
Aw, leaving NY? Not before I can come out there to visit my brother and side somewhere as well!

I'm only like, 4 hours east of Rochester :p

Welcome! I hope to find some good trails out there if I do end up travelling the state.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hi tomk and welcome...i recently bought a ridley cross bike and wow what a bike for ripping round the forrest trails here in scotland...a group of us get together every wednesday night and have fun on the trails.

·
Cranking Old Guy
712 Posts
Welcome, please do your profile so we'll know about you AND be sure to post a lot

1 - 7 of 7 Posts