New from Rochester NY

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tomk, Sep 10, 2009.

1. tomk

tomk Member

Found the forum while searching for info on purchasing a new bike!
    I've currently got an older KHS Mtn bike - actually a pretty nice bike with Shimano Deore and good kit all around. ROC is a pretty bike friendly community with a lot of trails including about 9 miles of paved trail a short hop from my house so I converted the bike to slicks and a different bar set-up....it's good up to about 12 miles or so but much past that and it gets painful.

So - I am shopping for a cross bike...something that I can use in the winter as well as on 25 mile group rides and weekend 50 milers.

Anyway - looking forward to joining the community.

2. Industry_Hack

Industry_Hack Total noob (& forum admin) Admin Staff Tavern Member

Welcome to the forums! I'm from Rockland County originally, but that was a million years ago, back when I had a little yellow BMX bike.

I like cross bikes, they're road bikes with attitude. :thumbsup:

3. tomk

tomk Member

Cross is what I am thinking. My local shop has a closeout 2009 Redline Conquest Pro that I am thinking about grabbing!

We are actually in the process of trying to relocate to Lexington KY.

4. Tarukai

Tarukai SMILEY CAR

Aw, leaving NY? Not before I can come out there to visit my brother and side somewhere as well!

I'm only like, 4 hours east of Rochester :p

Welcome! I hope to find some good trails out there if I do end up travelling the state.

5. coco2

coco2 Well-Known Member

Hi tomk and welcome...i recently bought a ridley cross bike and wow what a bike for ripping round the forrest trails here in scotland...a group of us get together every wednesday night and have fun on the trails.

6. Burr

Burr Cranking Old Guy

Welcome, please do your profile so we'll know about you AND be sure to post a lot

7. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff