New guy here in Idaho

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sinner4, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

I have had a bike or two my whole life. Then went to a yard sale or two and bought 2 bikes for 5 bucks. A cheap 18 spd and a Grand Ma 3 spd 3 wheeler.
    Then after a few hours in my Monster Garage I have this.

Not quite done. Need to weld a couple more gussets here and there and to fugure out the chain and gearing to the axle.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

2 bikes for 5 bucks?! Man, they would have gotten more for that in scrap. Glad they didn't, though. Looks pretty cool.

3. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

Awesome! Got anymore pics of the trike? Hard to see the build with the low light.

4. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

Will do, this build was on a wim. Got plans to build several more custom bikes.
    Swing Bike, Regular Chopper and a Forkless Bike

5. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

Next on the List:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Neat
    I was thinking of building a 3 wheeler with 2 wheels in the front that steer and 1 drive wheel in back it should be less tipy.
    Bin looking for an old gocart to make it from, I guess you could use bike wheeles allso

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  7. Xela

Xela New Member Tavern Member

I think we have found someone that can build those adult Big Wheels mentioned another thread. That's some amazing work, Sinner4!

8. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

Some close ups of the welds. Now don't go and flame me, its a work in progress. I know I need to grind and polish up everything. Wasn't sure if it was all going to work out. It was all guess work. The rake is at 50 deg. Was going to have the fork extentions at 48 inches, but worked them down to 29 inches long. Lowered the seat by six inches and extended the crank out 18 inches. All that in about 4 hours.

Now the hard part is the chain and the hook up to use at least 3 gears up front and maybe the 6 in the back and rear brakes.

Looks like I need to work on about everything still. Might take me a while for the rest.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

I think it looks kinda cool, a lot of steel bike people around here, I doubt people will give you much trouble for showin it. Keep is goin and post the finished bike when you're done, I bet it will be something to behold. The white thing is very interesting, have you rode it yet?

DrB

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  10. mtndoc

mtndoc New Member

Alex, I think you're right, does look like an adult 3wheeler.

DrB

11. Sinner4

Sinner4 New Member

The White Bike is one I saw on the internet. An Art Student in Finland built it. It's on my list to build, probably next year.

Youtube Vid.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qiR7E3dpjk&feature=related]YouTube - Forkless bicycle[/ame]