New Guy Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ThatBikeGuy, May 16, 2010.

1. ThatBikeGuy

ThatBikeGuy New Member

Just wanted to introduce Myself to the forum. I recently within the last Year re-discovered Bicycles at age 40. I am currently Re-building (from a brand New) a Schwinn Del Mar Cruiser. I am just using the frame and a couple little parts. I ordered a bunch of goodies (Monarch type Springer fork, disc brake adapters, and disc brake wheels) just waiting for them in the Mail. I am active on some other Bicycle forums Mainly Motorized Bicycle forums. But glad to have found this one looks like a good forum

Cheers
    ThatBikeGuy

2. djcyberlegend

djcyberlegend Group rookie

Welcome aboard, neighbor! :cool:

3. wild

wild Yesterday tired old man, Today retired old man

Sounds like a neat bike you are working on some pics would be nice :D :thumbsup:

4. TxCyclist

TxCyclist Administrator Staff Member Admin Staff

5. funetical

funetical Slowin it up.

Welcome to Twospoke!

6. ThatBikeGuy

ThatBikeGuy New Member

Thanks for the welcome!!! I am in the process of re-manufacturing the Schwinn, I ordered it on sale online. I just finished breaking it down, sanding, and painting the frame and rear rack. I went with a low gloss black engine enamel. The forks came in the mail as well...but they have to be sent off for a little work ( the company that makes them, does a pretty good job but the welds need some strengthening and they dont put on a crown race) I only get one day off a week so this unfortunatly is going slower than I want. But I am going to start a build journal next day off covering all the mods.
    Cheers
    ThatBikeGuy

7. Hardtail

Hardtail Ridin Dirty

Welcome to the party!